Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: M715 Finland

Default M715 Finland

Greetings from Finland.
    I bought the M715 model year 1968. I am starting to restore it. I would ask you if you have any information about tailgate marking?

The seller told me that truck likely was in the service at Fort Sill Oklahoma. And was surplused in the late 70's and donated as surplus to the Frederick, Oklahoma Fire Department where it was used as a back up fire truck.

Now I would like to ask about markings.
    5-3, US ARMY 3G2202, HQ129

thank you.

The hq was the number in line during convoy if i remeber correctly.. my truck had the numbers and letters on the bumperettes.. may want to sand them lightly ams see what you find
    Cummins 12v....nv4500.

That truck looks amazingly stock with nice tailgate without the ubiquitous "dent", bumperettes, black-out lights and shackles. Hard to find a unmolested truck that went through a VFD.

Welcome to the club! Posting a pic of your rig would be nice.

Thanks, I've been looking for a suitable car for more than three years. In January I bought this and now after half a year it finally arrived The car is not any extra added, it is not very much missing. The engine runs very clean.

The only mistake in body is the collapse of the front fender.

Body is pretty naked. Next paint olive green

I believe from the factory, the frame, differentials and springs were black. And, you already have the original color for the brake backing plates; red primer. However, all olive will certainly look fine and possibly more "Military". I only wish I had the place and time to accomplish what you are doing!

Nice work, thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    I believe from the factory, the frame, differentials and springs were black. And, you already have the original color for the brake backing plates; red primer. However, all olive will certainly look fine and possibly more "Military". I only wish I had the place and time to accomplish what you are doing!

Nice work, thanks for sharing it.
    Yes, what he said
    You are doing fantastic work. Nice to see another unmolested truck being restored.
    I've read that a couple trucks have surfaced with olive frames believed to be factory. I think Dave (Beast) had one.

I see that you are fairly new, and might not have seen any of my pictures.
    So here is a photo of my truck to illustrate what Don Cavey is referring to with the factory colors.

Thank you. I also wondered about the paint on the frame and shafts. But as you can see in the pictures, olive color is clearly visible before sand blasting. The same was also visible in the springs.

Interesting
    Thanks for the photos.
    Olive green may have been a touch up, but that is only speculation..

Too late now since it has been sandblasted, but I wonder what was under the oil and grease on cross member.
    My interest is whether you had possibly an olive frame from the factory.

Either color you choose will look good, and you are certainly doing it right.

Please keep posting pictures, and don't hesitate to ask any questions.