Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Towbar for 37 and 715

I recovered my M35 Gassr with the M715. A pair of stock 230 engines in the bed and a max speed of 28 mph. Above that, the Gasser decided where we wanted to go if I was off the power. The Detroit locker hurt that tow I think. December 2006 is when I posted all about that if you care to read that adventure.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Ill check it out, sounds like some of my teenage 4wd episodes at the gravel pit.

Found another photo.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjeep View Post
    Why does this place only allow 5 min editing?

Heres a smaller picture because I discovered the HOOGE picture didn't display well. But it took longer than 5 mins to discover and fix.

link to other pics
    http://rvtransporterhelp.com/post8178.html#p8178

Looks just like the ones a guy was selling at last year's red ball meet. He had 10 of them for $100 each. I did not buy because I did not know if they were the "correct" ones.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

I think I posted this in the wrong forum.

Anyway...

Tow Bars as used in one of our convoys from Ft. Sill, OK to our field firing site, Camp Per Ardua in Blanding, UT. ~ March, 1969

OOPS!

Thanks for the new pictures Don. That looks like the wrong tow bar without the proper adaptors and no feet. Bad, bad, bad.

I guess the M715 tow bar adaptors were hard to find even then.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

That is a light tow bar. The pins in the legs are the same as shown in the manual I linked earlier.

I bet the driver of that truck was hurting after the accident. There ain't no padding for a front-end collision. Looks like he hit the back-end of a 2.5 or 5-ton. The bumper ain't even bent.

Been a long time ago. We drove in convoy up through Gallup, NM to Blanding,UT. We always accused that kid of looking at some girl's backside and not watching the road. Truth be known, snow, ice, freezing rain. You get the picture...

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    I bet the driver of that truck was hurting after the accident. There ain't no padding for a front-end collision. Looks like he hit the back-end of a 2.5 or 5-ton. The bumper ain't even bent.

I don't think it takes much energy to fold the sheetmetal over the bumper. I bet you could do that if you hit a high bumper at 10MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Pretty sure the guy rear ended a deuce or 5-ton as you said. Snow, ice, bad roads. Kinda felt sorry for him. No doubt, had a puckered rear concerned about his future (and his rank).