Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tilt Front

Default Frank 67 M715

I like it!
    What are you doing for adjustments? I was thinking the simple bolt with a big rubber cushion on it like newer cars would work great.
    That and keep some of the rattles down.
    How are you going to clear inner finder wells on the brakes, etc?

Barry,
    That's the most beautiful thing I ever did see. You're a master of the booty-fab. Not to hijack the thread- but what motor is that?
    -B.

k8icu - You are mostly correct. They take the same size, 11:00 X 18 , but the gamma goats were like 8 ply and the DUKW were like an 18 ply. I'm sure that somebody else here knows for sure.

Hammer - Yea that is what I have planned on using , those bolts with the rubber cushions on the heads. It is hard to see but the inner fender is cut off too. I seperated the inner fender at it's original seam . The back piece is still attached to the rear part of the fender and the firewall. The front piece is still attached to the tilt front. The lap joint is just opposite now. When I'm done it is going to look like it came from the factory this way. It worked out real nice.

Brian - Thank you , that is quite a complement comming from the Dean of the Booty -Fab College of Technology . That is a Chevy RAT motor. You are going to have to ask Spicer to define just what exactly a Rat motor is. M1028
    If your not breakin\' something - Your NOT makin\' enough torque !!

I like the flipup front, Im going to do that on my old 68 el camino pro streeter when i get it built but it will be fiberglass.

you aught to run a crane hi fire on that RAT and she will sure be happy down at idle and all the way to redline. I finally talked my boss into runnin one on his drag boat and after he did finally get it, a 428 cobra jet with edelbrock alum. heads, 305 comp cam ect. ran smoother didnt change the big cam sound just made her want to idle all day down low to make the cam talk. they fire up to 12 times at each firing up to about 3000 rpms then big sparks to redline with built in rev limiters and fire at 300 millijoules of spark energy with the LX-92 coil. it works good on overcarbed motors that tend to foul plugs too.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Totally Cool!! I still like to come back for ideas for my next truck. Sure miss having it to tinker on, and drive.
    Love the new sight, with pics.
    mudclod

M1028 would you be able to post or send a few detailed pics of you tilt hood that is what my 7 has been wanting thanks Curtis .......drsmith123@sbcglobal.net