Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New to site.

Sounds like you have the situation all under control. Getting the truck home will be a nice way to start off the new year.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

I don't know about the on-line calculator kyken, but the girls that work for him sure are cute.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

These places usually want you to pick the items up within a week or so. When I won a truck in Indiana, I had a tow company haul it from the auction site to their lot until I could get it.

BTW, the Federal Surplus Property site in Wisconsin usually auctions the vehicles in the winter, the guy I talked to there said the bees nests in all the vehicles are terrible to work around in the summer. The vehicles must sit on the lot at least 1 year until they can be auctioned off to the public. It is unbelieveable how many nests you will find when you get it.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

I guess a dose of a good old Wisconsin cold wave makes those bees a thing of the past. Hard to believe bees could delay an auction, I learned something new today. Just where is the Federal Surplus Property site? It isn't Fort McCoy is it?

It is in Waunakee, about 10 miles north of Madison. They have all sorts of stuff there, alot of confiscated airport items, police siesures, etc. plus the yard of Fire Dept returns, Military stuff, Forestry, etc.

Believe me, they hardly can go into the yard in the summer and work with all the nests.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 1953M38A1 View Post
    I think this link will work not sure yet how to post pics on the board.

http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/u...2090006A-1.jpg

Belated welcome to you, 1953M38A1!

To post pics, you just have to copy the "IMG code" from your picture hosting site and paste it in the message window where you type here. Like this:

Looks amazingly similar to mine when I first got it! I think the door markings are even the same. I believe mine read:

Department of Natural Resources
    Division of Forestry

If yours is the same, maybe our trucks were brothers!

(Or would that be sisters?)

I like the M38A1 with the tent trailer. That yours, by chance? (If so, I'll bet it's a '53!)
    -- Tim Taylor

Yes it is a 53 cnd model. Built by Ford Motor Co of Canada. That is why i bought the M 715 for a tow rig for my A1. I run my A1 down to Killington VT and Bethel ME for the Jeep Jamboree's the last few years. It is over 1000+ miles to Killington return with the tent trailer in tow. So I think the M715 will make a cool tow ring when I am done with it. Not plannig on leaving stock. Will replace the drivetrain much like I have done in the A1 to keep up with traffic.
    I now know what they warned me about "the olive drab bug" I got bit.
    As for the tent trailer it is a home grown idea that my good friend came up with. I built the frame work in an afternoon and 2 tent sections from the local Surplus store for 40 bucks and called in another favor from a good friend that can sew and It turned out great . I get alot of coments on it and I have used it and works great.
    Thanks for posting the pics up. I am not very good with this high tech stuff, would rather tear down an old car or truck.
    Thanks Andrew

Yeah, you've got it bad, Andrew!

For those of you who haven't seen it, this is the M38A1 we're talking about:

And another view of his M715, since we're here posting pictures....

-- Tim Taylor

Over the years I have seen a few of these ex. forestry trucks, and they all look to be painted the same. I wonder if they bought a bunch of trucks at one time and did them all up. Notice the black headlight backgrounds, the roll bars are the same. Logo on the doors the same.

Scott

I've seen a lot of similar yellow forestry trucks, but never one quite the same (other than a couple others, such as Saxon's, both of which I know came from the same auction as mine).

I'd like to see the vehicle number markings on the front edge of the hood, tailgate, as well as the markings on the door.

Here's what mine looked like when I first got it:

Here was the vehicle number on my hood:

It was also in huge "816" digits on the roof.

And the door marking sure looks the same as 53M38A1's:

I definitely think yours came from the very same department as mine, Andrew. And went to opposite ends of the continent!
    Last edited by Binford; December 28th, 2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Additional thought added at the end.
    -- Tim Taylor