Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado outlawed all former military vehicles

Default Colorado outlawed all former military vehicles

Here is a link to an already started and well documented thread about this:

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...cle-Regulation

It seems some non elected people have assumed power they weren't granted and no one can stop it.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Other than a hummer, I don't think they know how to identify a military vehicle.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Guess I'll be keeping my WY plate.

Quote Originally Posted by gonz View Post
    Other than a hummer, I don't think they know how to identify a military vehicle.
    Funny that you should say that. I retained my MD tag on the M715 for an extra year because Florida got a wild hair and wanted me to take it to the west side of Jacksonville for "inspection". So, I just left.

I did research later and there was a lot of talk about Hummers. Seems that at one time, it was easy to get a title and tags on Hummers. Then, people would transfer to other states. Now, Florida considers the Hummer to not be roadworthy or whatever.

When I went back, the first thing that they said was, "is it a Hummer?" No, it isn't and they walked outside to see the VIN tag. I had to show it to them. I didn't tell them that I had made the tag because mine was missing. My truck was originally an M724 and it had an M715 bed installed.

I got regular tags because they said it weighed too much to get antique tags. The max is 5000 pounds and the M715 is 5500 pounds. I was NOT going to lie only to be caught later, years down the road. And there is no limitation on my truck, and it has Nassau County tags which permits me to drive on the beach of Amelia Island without a permit.

I'm sure like most states, the legislature will pass things that make no sense or ways to enforce them. Years ago I was reading this statute on altered suspensions because I had a lifted YJ:
    § 42-4-233. Alteration of suspension system

(1) No person shall operate a motor vehicle of a type required to be registered under the laws of this state upon a public highway with either the rear or front suspension system altered or changed from the manufacturer's original design except in accordance with specifications permitting such alteration established by the department. Nothing contained in this section shall prevent the installation of manufactured heavy duty equipment to include shock absorbers and overload springs, nor shall anything contained in this section prevent a person from operating a motor vehicle on a public highway with normal wear of the suspension system if normal wear shall not affect the control of the vehicle.
    (2) This section shall not apply to motor vehicles designed or modified primarily for off-highway racing purposes, and such motor vehicles may be lawfully towed on the highways of this state.
    (3) Any person who violates any provision of this section commits a class 2 misdemeanor traffic offense.

So they don't want you to lift a truck or lower an impala. The problem was there wasn't anyone to contact and establish or OK the modification. I was at a conference and asked the second in command at DMV and he told me they made that law without notice to DMV or with any money to create or pay someone to regulate the specifications.
    Funny enough, this is still on the books.
    I have little confidence my license plate bureau will know to enforce the license plates on military vehicles, but we shall see. Hopefully some senator gets denied a license plate, lol!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Idiots...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    Idiots...
    You have no idea, Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
    You have no idea, Don.
    I "hear ya..."

Default Colorado Military Vehicles

I'm one of the guys going back and forth on the other site about this topic.

It will be way interesting to see how this all shakes out, I first started into the military vehicle world with my M715 after checking out this site extensively before diving in head first. I also have a Gama Goat I have been waiting to register just because I haven't taken the time to do so, wanted to pretty it up first. Now it may be too late.

I'm waiting to see if DOR really recalls my M715 title and changes it to an off road only use or not. Lotsa of M715's on the road with tags not marked up like a military issue.

Grrrrr....politicians and bureaucrats.

I rmember once again...

A) I am VERY happy to be in Indiana, where nobody gives a crap(except maybe about Hummers)

B) To have a dealer license that gives me a blanket pass to run almost anything even if Indiana did care...

We are Dyslexia of Grob. Futility is resistant. Your ass will be laminated...