Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stock carb kit info

Default Stock carb kit info

Is there anyplace that will rebuild my carb if I send it to them or send me a rebuilt carb for my core?

You can get a Holley rebuild kit for that (I think) and have it done locally. I know a guy, etc...

call me.
    rich

Will do, thanks.

FWIW, it's not difficult to rebuild it yourself. The stock carb is very simple. There are less than a dozen parts.

I've been trying to find a Holley rebuild kit but everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. I could do it myself (with a kit) but the float has pin holes and I'm afraid if I solder it the extra weight would affect the fuction. Does the kit come with a new float? It's one of those things I don't mind paying someone to do just to know it's done right.

The float in the stock Holley 1920 carb is solid. There is no float in the replacement kit as it never needs replacing.

What model carb do you have? 1bbl or 2bbl? got pics?

It's a 1 barrel with a brass float. The pin holes are at the top by the pivot. As far as I can tell The float, one "O" ring and the bowl gasket is bad otherwise it still pumps when you hit the throttle lever.

Here is your kit source info...from Binford:

Well I think I really scored here! I found a site as dedicated to old carbutetors and sundry car parts as we are dedicated to M715s! In an e-mail exchange with their Grand Poobah, I gave him all the numbers off my M715 carburetor and he said he found the exact kit for it, their CK537, which he even has in stock. It ain't cheap, but not too bad. $41.71 plus shipping. Here's a link to it:

http://www.partschoice.com/carbs/kits/CK537.htm

He said he'll put up a pic for it soon.

He invited us to link to him too. There's the rebuild kit link above and their main link is: http://www.carburetor.ca

Heres a pic of the kit:

And you can get the Jeep factory kit from www.memphisequipment.com as this member states:

Memphis Equipment has them(OE Jeep/Kaiser kits).Jeep part # is 944428 for $ 28.36 of course I picked it up personally so shipping will be more.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thank you Brute and Binford, I'm on it! By the way Brute, whats the deal with your boys lettin' Ahman Greene get away? Can't a Husker get some luv?

Apparently, he didn't get enough love!