Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Restoration of 03N21368

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Well...it wasn’t doing that before on my end but now it is...thanks for letting me know...
    Same symptoms for me General.

Had her out today for a while running up and down my road, salt on main road prevents a real road test.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad you got to drive her! I really wish I could see the pics, I’m sure it looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rear Main Seal. I guess M715 ownership is not complete without this leak. In this case it was a puddle after each short run, so after reading several posts here it sounded like a straight forward job. The longest part of the project is cleaning and prep.

Access to drop the pan is good, the only thing I had to move out of the way was the clutch rod for access to remove the clutch inspection cover. Remove the oil pan, remove the clutch cover, remove two cap head screws from the filer block, drop the block down and there is the seal. Rolled the top half right out with a screwdriver and bottom pops right out of the filler block. I'm glad actually I was forced to change the seal as the suction screen was loaded with goo and some left over blue silicone from previous repairs, I'm surprised I had any oil pressure actually.

The seal was what I am going to call the early or original type, it has a metal lip that hangs over the side of the filler blocks and the actual seal part looks like a canvas material. Some one had been here before, first clue was some dabs of blue silicone sealer, the second was the seal was installed backwards, although obviously warn out probably never did work too well from the start. From my research it appears this seal is discontinued, I could not find any and a new neoprene type of simpler design is used. The new style is much easier to install as it just fits into the filler block groove, you don't have to fight the extra friction of the metal lip on the outside of the block.

Ran it up and down the road for a while and after sitting for some time I see no signs of leaking, for now anyway. Pictured below is the new seal style on the left, old on the right. The two overhaul gasket kits I bought, from different companies, both had the new style seal, not sure of the time frame when it changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the picture thing...its funny...on my laptop they load just fine...on my phone, never...
    Is that the same issue for others?
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I tried on both my phone and desktop and neither works. Not sure what has happened but I am also getting random server errors when I post responses. They both started happening at the same time.

Brute,

If it helps with troubleshooting.... The posts with pics embedded work and the ones with pics attached (you have to click to open) are not working.

Works (can see pics)
    http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthrea...733#post275733

Does not work (cannot see pics)
    Project - M715 on 2002 Dodge 2500 Frame

When ever I post a reply I get a server error message, been that way for a week or so. Pictures are working for me though.

Yeah, the both types of pics work for me on the laptop but not on the phone...weird...
    Hammer is already looking into this and the database error when posting...that has been happening to me for a week plus too...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I can't see the pictures any more either. Bummer and hopefully only temporary.