Thread: Wiring Harness info

Default Wiring Harness info

I have been looking at wiring harness's and was wondering which is the closes match for the M715 harness? Or what is everyone using to replace there harness. I looked at getting the wire and connectors and doing it my self also.
    Any and all info would be helpful. Thanks Ed
    1969 M715

The stock wiring harness is very simple. It it almost exactly the same as a M35A2. Just less wire. It is basically the same as a M37 except they might have Packard connectors or Douglas connectors depending on the year.

I built my harness on my M715 from a 3 lever plug, a roll of wire and about 30 Packard connectors with a crimping tool. I ran out of wire about 1/3 of the way through. It also took forever to get the blinker box, blinker switch and 3 lever switch and the 9 wires between them connected.

I put a M35A1 front harness on Pistolnut's M715 when we put in the different engine. Except for the head lights and front blinker wiring being about 2 feet too long. It was a very easy and cheap way to get all new wires on the truck.

Other people forget the military harness and go Painless. Many threads have been written about both options.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I looked into a new harness from Joe at Vintage Wiring of Maine, Inc.
    This is the email I received from him. His contact info is ffjeeps@roadrunner.com

"The M715 wiring harness is $1200.00 plus shipping. The kit includes the front chassis harness, the rear chassis harness, signal switch harness, spider harness and trailer receptacle. All of the wires are numbered and there is an installation booklet."

2nd email after a few questions.

"I do accept VISA. I do not charge the card until the harness is finished and ready to ship. Right now we are about 4 - 5 weeks lead time."

Hope this helps...Ken
    Thanks for all the help!

Thanks for the info! I will look into everything. Anyone use any of the EZ wire kits? Ed
    1969 M715

Hey Ed, pm sent, I have an extra wire harness NOS, never installed.

Do you have a 2nd one Tracy?
    Thanks for all the help!

Anyone have a stock wiring harness they willing to part with?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk