Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The longest build thread ever, at least it seems like it!

It will look even better when everything is clean and painted.

OK so I need to ask for some help. I am trying mount a divorced Dodge np205. I need to attach to the top 4 bolts by adding on to the NP200 mounts.
    I am trying to determine where it is supposed to be located. What I need is the measurement off the two front NP200 yokes to the frame hat channel flange.

So with the gear boxes in neutral and the yokes rotated straight up and down vertical, what is the measurement to the flange edge down below?

The front driveshaft output yoke. I need this measurement here.

And the input yoke also rotated vertical and this measurement too.

Ballpark is close enough. I can build the mounts to land it in the proper spot.

It is just hanging for now. I am waiting on a new NOS trans mount and new U-joints for the intermediate shaft. Oh yes, new spicer u-bolts too. I made new rubber bushings complete with a correct shoulder and metal sleeve for one end of the NP200 mount this morning. Using OEM mounts for a copy. They are bigger in diameter but that will be a plus.

So my Buick motor frame horns were an inch to far forward still. Knowing the trans mount is where it should be I moved the frame horns. I had to drill the frame for three holes on the outside of the frame using a template made from the frame horn. That was when I discovered a whole bunch of cracks. They were a mess. I cut them all open and also welded shut the two center holes that were not being used. That is where the copper strap comes in handy. Glad I found the cracks now. This one would have failed pretty soon.

I am also trying to see if I might be able to use these headers. They are super well made and ceramic coated. I think they are Doug Thorley? I have about a foot of room to drop below the frame crossmember and go rearward to mufflers. I always use mandrel bent tubing TIG welded for good flow. I am thinking 2.5 in size. It looks possible.

So I am also waiting on a hydraulic master and slave cylinder for the clutch. I am hoping to land the cab soon. It is supposed to be in the teens by Friday.

And if someone could check both front transfer case yoke distances ( with yoke vertical) I would be really grateful.
    More soon...

I'll crawl under some of mine this weekend and get you those measurements, unless someone beats me to it. Looks like winter is arriving Friday night sometime here in N ID.

Honestly we eye balled it using as much of the original NP200 brackets that we could. I may be able to crawl under my truck tonight and take some pics and measurements. I'm not sure how warm it will be for the hornets but I'll do my best.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

That dodge transfer case hangs from 4 very large bolts in the very top of the case. I think the picture shows them. I have a black bungee on one of them. So I can use the NP200 brackets but I will have to add 6 inch wide plates to reach up and over the dodge case. It leaves it wide open for where to land it.
    So I still need the measurements. Probably most importantly for the front driveline oval opening in the frame cross member. I appreciate you guys doing that.
    It is calling for snow tonight! I need to light off two burn piles and clean my wood stove chimney. And do a final property walk for things that will blow a snow blower transmission clean in half. Don't ask...

I am not ready for snow.

I'm pretty sure my 205 was from a Dodge, so hopefully I can get you some useful numbers and pics.
    Come and take it

Still looking for the measurements listed above. I was hoping for a stock configuration NP200 mounted in the spot the factory put it. Don't forget to put your truck back in gear when you are done.
    Thanks!

It hasn't moved in a couple of years so it should be ok, lol!
    I got caught up with my kids this weekend and then it snowed about a foot. Sorry I haven't got out yet. I have a late meeting today, so I think the soonest I can get under it will be tomorrow evening, with my measurements on a 205 replacement. I'll have to leave it to someone else to get a 200 measurement for you.
    Come and take it

Ha, we got snow too. No biggie Gonz. I am grateful for the help. I have all winter. It looks like I will need a CV front driveshaft. With the caster Barrman suggested I try to keep, the pinion is pointed right at the transfer case. I hope the CV assembly fits between the cross member and the transfer case. That also means opening up the frame cross member and making a bolt on lower section to install the driveline. I have been looking online at my options. I need to make a shifter mount for the side of the T98. And a clutch slave mount.
    Just rambling out loud here... My coffee is strong this morning.

I'll get the measurements for you tonight. Mine is up on the lift in the middle of a kingpin rebuild (tons of fun).

Hey I appreciate it. I know everyone is busy and has a life. Here is the thing. I can land the 205 without the measurements using a digital angle finder and some basic driveline tech etc, but knowing the general location of a stock set up would be great to know. My original bone stock 68 did not vibrate one bit. I am getting older and really only want do it once. Yesterday I made both mounts. I actually damaged my 20 ton press making the bends. I hid behind a section of plywood while bending. Crazy stored energy. All I need to do is locate and drill holes.

If I could just get the cab on, I am that much closer to hitting the sewing machine.

Many thanks.