Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CPO Dave's restoration thread. (Ser#14690)

Looking very good.

That's great about the carburetor, mine had retained a lot of it's original finish as well, but, someone had beat the heck out of the bowl. Probably to unstick the float valve at one time.

Were did you have the fuel pump rebuilt?

Quote Originally Posted by David Zelinski View Post
    15 July 2014-

Couple quick picture today.

Dave-
    (W4CPO)
    Dave, we have had a running thread about the pulley on the generator/alternator. I know that the picture is not a close up but would you look at the pulley and see if the grooves for the belts are evenly spaced, please? It appears that they are the same distance and the water pump appears to have the front belt a little bit more distant from the middle belt.

I am not saying anything is wrong, just kind of a follow up to the other two threads about the belts etc.

Just askn' for the benefit of some of our members...

Hey Dave, looking great! I wasn't too sure about the orange but after seeing it all together, it looks pretty good.

Don- I have a thread about the pulley spacing. I solved the problem and posted about it on my thread. My alternator has the wrong pulley. I'm waiting on a e-mail picture from Surplus Jeep Parts. They think they have the correct one. Sending me a picture of what they have before we wind up buying something wrong and having to send it back and get a refund. It may be a good "sticky" thread now though.

FNG- thank you for the kind words sir!

Jeepdan- I didn't have to have the fuel pump rebuilt. I cleaned the nooks and crannys of mine with a dremel tool, scrubbed the heck out of it then lightly fog painted it cast aluminium color since I had a can of it around.
    Last edited by David Zelinski; July 16th, 2014 at 11:58 AM.
    Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

17 July 2014-

Couple of pictures from last night's work effort. The weather here cooled down considerably so we can get some real work done for a change.

Dave-
    (W4CPO)

The NP-200 Transfer case is back in now and sitting on new rubber vibration bushings.

Assorted pieces we walnut shell blasted and rattle can painted last night. Not bad for rattle can Rustolium Gloss Black Professional. Also new output shaft seal. Old one leaked like a pasta strainer.

Torquing down the new exhaust manifold (27 foot pounds. Specs are 25-30)

Yet another problem. The new manifold flanges are thicker than the old one that broke. So, I had to replace all the studs with longer ones. Minor set back.

Wow that's great work. I can't wait to see more as you go along. Keep up the great work.
    Zone holster maker

17 July 2014-

Well the new u-joints are installed in the intermediate shaft, new gasket on the brake drum output shaft housing and the assembly is installed now. Final mounting bolt torque once the ENTIRE drive line is in. I still have a front and rear drive shaft to install. U joint bolts torqued with "BLUE" Locktite to 17 Foot Pounds.

But, we are getting there. Hope I'm doing ya all proud.

Dave-
    (W4CPO)

Very nicely done, keep going and bring on the pic's!!!! Lookin' sharp!

Beautiful truck
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Your truck is looking great. Thanks for the pictures.