Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1967 M725 restoration project

The cross on the roof will be visible from a distance. The magnetic one I stick up there for shows is noticeable when you are a ways back.

The start of major restoration on the ambulance begins with the stripping of the 45 year old crosses and decals. One side done, one to go. A little spray paint stripper to soften the old decals and then used a gasket scrapper to get it off.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Madison Heights, MI, just outside Detroit

Amen to that brother!

Just wanted to thank DansM715 who sold me a great set of rear steps for the M725 restoration project. Now i'm down to finding a passenger side litter rack as the last major thing needed to complete the truck.

Also I have most all of the box sanded down and a few more hours worth of sanding and the outside should be ready for paint.
    Dave

Your very welcome, they look much better in yours than they did in this hacked up ex- Meeker Co Civil Defense water rescue conversion....
    Uploaded with ImageShack.com
    Last edited by DansM715; July 1st, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

Beast, wanted to make sure you still have this plate under your truck.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Yes, thanks mine still had the support plate under it. Thanks again.
    Dave

Well in what feels like forever since I've last been able to work on the M725, I am now closing in on having the whole body sanded down and prepped for paint. Just a few more hours of fine detail prep should be all it takes. The majority of todays work was to sand and strip the entire roof. Also I removed all the glass, and behind the windshield down the defroster I found 2 spent 308 casings. I surely hope that someone laid them on the dash and they rolled in instead of firing them off inside the cab.

Well now that the busiest months for me at work are behind me, I hope to get this M725 finished up before too long.
    Dave

Can't wait to see more pictures.

Like I had planned, sunday I was able to start painting the M725. Being that it has been almost 5 years since I last had to paint one of my trucks it took a little bit to find my settings and to get the paint flowing smoothly. 80+ and sunny didn't help with the settings as I normally paint in the fall or winter, So a little fine tuning of the mixture to get the paint to lay smooth was required.

Here is with the first coat.

The roof was by far the hardest to paint as trying to hold the gun and not drag the hose across the previous coats while balancing at the top of a ladder. I can't wait until I get to paint the cross back up top. That should be fun. Plus I didn't paint the wheels yet as I plan on waiting until I get a new set of tires and then do it all at the same time. But she is finally all back to her original 24087 green color.

Next will be to get the small parts cleaned up and painted while I wait for the paint to cure before I paint the crosses back on. Plus I'm going to have all new glass cut, and I'll install them with all new rubbers as the 45 year old rubber was so hard it just crumbled when I took the glass out.
    Dave