Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 15th is 7/15...

Default July 15th is 7/15...

Guys, is there a M715 annual event anywhere in the Rockies?

I see that there were Field Exercises in years past (national event in 2010), but does anyone do anything annually?

If not, I throw out July 15th as a great date for that (715), and propose we do something in Colorado Springs or outside of Denver somewhere.

This year it falls on a Monday. Maybe we could coordinate something for that weekend before, and get a bunch of trucks together?

I know there are several here in Colorado that would show up, and man, even if it was for a day it would be cool to fire up our trucks, roll some mountain roads, and hang out and eat some great food and talk.

RB
    Last edited by ColoradoSpringsRob; February 11th, 2019 at 02:23 PM.

Do a pikes peak run.

I live right at the bottom of Pikes Peak (looking at it now), and that is a great idea.

We could leave from Garden of the Gods, roll up Rampart Range road up into the mountains and loop around and go up Pike's. So many great forest service roads to drive here.

I had better get my brakes done before then.

And not to oversell this thing, but I have a couple of pretty cool vacation rentals on a park here right next to Garden of the Gods, and would be happy to provide Zoners a cheap rate for the weekend. One house sleeps 10, the other sleeps 6-8.
    Last edited by ColoradoSpringsRob; February 11th, 2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoSpringsRob View Post
    Guys, is there a M715 annual event anywhere in the Rockies?

I see that there were Field Exercises in years past (national event in 2010), but does anyone do anything annually?

If not, I throw out July 15th as a great date for that (715), and propose we do something in Colorado Springs or outside of Denver somewhere.

This year it falls on a Monday. Maybe we could coordinate something for that weekend before, and get a bunch of trucks together?

I know there are several here in Colorado that would show up, and man, even if it was for a day it would be cool to fire up our trucks, roll some mountain roads, and hang out and eat some great food and talk.

RB
    I'm down for that, as long as it doesn't involve a long flog up a paved mountain pass, or the like (see "Pikes Peak" referenced elsewhere in this post). That sounds like the maximum medium of tedium with a stock 230.

I'd love to do a trail run or two. I haven't been able to do that since I built my truck because I have no one to go with and I don't like the idea of four wheeling solo.

Yep, extended climbing in a 230 would suck. Rolling trails with someone else who has the same truck would be great, I really like that idea. I am thinking the Tarryall area would be really fun, maybe fishing up at Elevenmile Canyon too.

When we went to Buena Vista, Binford's stock truck did great up Mt Princeton and on all the other mountain roads and trails we went on.

I still want to do Pikes peak even if it is paved all the way.

Ok, I am in. Getting a dual MC though...

Would be pretty cool to have photos of our trucks on America's mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    When we went to Buena Vista, Binford's stock truck did great up Mt Princeton and on all the other mountain roads and trails we went on.

I still want to do Pikes peak even if it is paved all the way.
    Trails & backcountry dirt roads sound great to me-- the 715's natural habitat. I'm talking about the usually-steep mountain highways here, where I'd have to dawdle along at 25 or 30 up the hills, waiting for some texter to rear-end me. That holds no appeal whatsoever.

waiting for some texter to rear-end me
    That there is funny.

Now I gotta get moving on finishing my truck.

Or is this a 2020 meet?

This would be a summer 2019 event.

Camping, good food, and running trails.

Nothing crazy, but I will print t-shirts. That is about the extent of how fancy this thing will get. If we have 3 guys there, and we mess around and have fun, that will be a great time.
    Last edited by ColoradoSpringsRob; February 13th, 2019 at 08:29 PM.