Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cummins 5.9 in M715

Did you refurbish the windshield and wipers or prev owner?
    I like your roof better than mine.
    I'd also like a wider back glass.

Looks great!

Errol

The previous owner shortened the windshield around 4 inches I think. And did an electric conversion on the wipers. The wipers aren't the best so when I upgrade those I'll post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrykan View Post
    The squared ambulance doors and the new hardtop give it an up-armored look.
    That's what I was thinking! Looks like an armored transport vehicle... Nice work.

Boil them that tars!!! Sweet on the 68...383 is a great motor...440 is such a torque powerhouse...great setup!

Understood on the floorpans...wondered if that was it but I just never looked that close at the M725 floor...being it is non M715 from the end of the fenders back, I could have missed it...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Have you had a chance to test out your heater at all? I live in Iowa in the country and I'm very afraid of freezing in my truck since theres no insulation anywhere and I want to find the best heater that will fit! I haven't done much research yet on it, but I probably should

Thankfully, we haven't had any good cold weather to test the new heater core out yet. A couple weeks back it was about 50ish degrees one night and I drove home with the windows open and it boiled the cab.

The heater core surface area measures around 6 x 18 inches, or somewhere around there. I'm just measuring by memory. She does put out alot of air. being that this core is larger than what is in most trucks from the factory, I have high hopes. This heater core mounted up really nicely behind the dash. It is almost like it was meant to fit in there. I mounted in right above the floor hump. Did have to fab up a small bracket to mount it, but no biggie.

I have been in the process of insulating the cab, and have insulated and rebuilt the drivers side door. I've been taking pics on that so I can post them when I get time. On my list before winter is a heated seat kit from ebay.

I live close to lake Michigan so we get some pretty brutal winter blasts coming off the lake. I'll definitely keep ya informed of how well it works. My soft top jeep does well in the winter heat wise, provided that you let it heat up before hand. I'd let her idle for at least 20 minutes before leaving. Once the jeep tent heated up, it would stay warm. If you didn't give it time to warm up, it would stay cold. I also don't have any insulation in that.

Very Nice!
    Sven

I live in Northern Indiana also. Looking at putting the same Summit heater in mine you used. Mind if I check out your truck sometime?
    Thanks.