Thread: Test Leads

Default Test Leads

This comes up every now and then and I don't recall seing all of this stuff pictured before.

The military had to have a way to test the components on water proof sealed electrical systems. They had an adaptor set that allowed testing. I found one for a low price the other day. Here is the lead that goes between the distributor and the spark plug wire allowing a regular inductive timing light to be used.

Here is how a tach can be hooked up. This screws into the cover through the little inspection hole.

Here is the entire kit. Other leads are for generators, power to the distibutor and the regulator in older 25 amp systems.

Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

do you have a number for that kit? can you post a better pic of the manual cover?

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. My home internet went down when my wife ripped the phone line out of the service box by the road last Wednesday and I haven't been at work since Tuesday.

I don't have anymore pictures right now. But, I did find two more sets on E-Bay.

Here is a brand new one from Memphis along with a Memphis price:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M37-M...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a used one with a decent price right now. These things are on here a lot. I wouldn't go much higher than $45 or so unless you think you have to have it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Milit...QQcmdZViewItem

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. My home internet went down when my wife ripped the phone line out of the service box by the road last Wednesday.
    Wife got tired of you being on those army truck sights huh?
    Zone holster maker

While that is true Joe, that isn't what happened this time.

Our home phone stopped working back in the summer. The Verizon guy figured the line that goes under my dirt road and underground next to my drive way to my house was the problem. He ran a new line on the surface. I have been waiting for them to come back and bury it since June. They haven't. We had lots of rain for the last week or so. Jennifer's method of driving in mud it to go as fast as she can and then floor it. She did that while leaving the driveway last week. The surface phone line was in one of the puddles she spun the tires through. It got pulled a bit by the spinning tires and the phone stopped working.

They fixed it yesterday by running a new line on the surface.

I haven't had a chance to use the adaptor set yet because of rain, cold and family activities. But, I will use the timing light adaptor on my Gasser this weekend if it stays dry out.

Sure, Sure, stick to that story.