Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M725 fuel tank filler hose, Tail lights and broken rear spring mount

Default M725 fuel tank filler hose, Tail lights and broken rear spring mount

Hello,

Anybody know if an M715 fuel tank filler hose will fit in an M725? Is it the same angle? Can I make it fit? Memphis Equipment has the M715 hose in stock. Several searches of this site did not turn up any similar posts.

Has anyone heard of another option such as a bent section of 3" exhaust pipe attached with 3" and 4" rubber hose or possibly plumbing drain adapter rubber hose sections from Home Depot?

Has anyone seen these tail lights? I did an e-bay search for military tail lights and found these. Will they mount and plug in to my M725 wiring harness? The Oshkosh Equipment Sales e-bay add says:

* Fits all M-Series Trucks,
    * HUMVEE Trucks, Military Trailers and more.
    * Part #: MS52125-2
    * Part #: 12375837
    * NSN #: 6220-01-372-3883
    * Rear Stop, Turn, Blackout Marker Lamp

What have you all used? Will Jeep Wrangler tail lights fit or will they look funny?

Finally, My right rear spring forward mount broke off. In repairing it with a $65 replacement hanger, I discovered that all the spring mounts and shackles are supposed to be greased frequently. Mine were so clogged with gunk that it took forever to free them with WD-40 and lots of dirty work. Do yourselves a favor and check your spring mounts. Check to see if the grease actually goes in. You do not want to have to go through what I just went through. Because the spring did not move freely on the mounts and shackles, it broke off. Next I'll need to R&R the other side.

Thanks for your time,
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY

I am going through the same process as you with the ambulance fuel filler hose. I was told the same, to use one from a 715 and cut it to fit. However, since I have both trucks in my collection I was able to compare the hoses side by side and they are considerably different and I decided that was not a very good solution. The 715 hose makes a 90 degree bend where the 725 hose makes about a 30-45 degree bend. I was lucky and was able to purchase an NOS 725 hose off another member on this board. None of the normal parts places carry them anymore.

Other than a couple of cracks all the way through my old hose was not in too bad of shape. I was wondering if there was a product out there that you could seal the outside of the hose with such as fuel resistant heat shrink tubing or something. Since you cannot see the 725 hose you just need something to keep the gas from leaking out when you fill the tank and keep the fuel vapors from seaping into the cab. I would also be interested in the solution you come up with as in a few years my new hose will probably need to be replaced again.

In the same area if the rubber grommet where the steel fuel filler goes through the body is bad, one off of a M38-A1 is almost identical. The outside diamater is a little shy but it is close enough that you cannot tell the difference and it seams to stay in place ok. New ones for the M38-A1 are readily available. You can split a rubber fuel hose and use it for the lower grommet around the rubber hose.

Tom
    M715
    M725
    48 Willys PU
    49 Willys Jeepster
    59 Willys Wagon
    76 Cherokee Chief
    97 Jeep GC
    02 Jeep TJ
    It's a Jeep Thing!

I wonder if one of the stainless steel fabricator could make the main part of it for you, using your hose as a guide...get 2 neoprene connectors with hose clamps...one for each end...and you are good to go.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

AB LINN has m725 filler neck hoses. You will find him in the m715 parts on ebay.

I called AB Linn; all sold out.

I heard they make a copper 45-degree drain elbow with 4" on one end and 3" on the other. The trick will be to see if I can stretch a 4-inch fuel safe hose to fit over the 4 1/4-inch filler end.

Someone in an earlier post said to look for a similar large john deer hose. Any ideas or part numbers?

Any other ideas? Anyone know the exact angle of the M725 fuel filler hose?

Thanks
    Last edited by MJCougler; November 8th, 2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added another question.
    Rochester, NY

Here is a picture of the hose, the angle is +/- 45 degrees.

Hope this helps.
    M715
    M725
    48 Willys PU
    49 Willys Jeepster
    59 Willys Wagon
    76 Cherokee Chief
    97 Jeep GC
    02 Jeep TJ
    It's a Jeep Thing!

Default M725 fuel filler hose.

Tom (Rocntj),

Thanks a lot. I called Gates Rubber Company today and talked to the NE region molded hose senior sales representative. He told me that if I could give him the original manufacturer's part number, he may be able too research if it is still available. He even said that the Military NSN would also help. I know the NSN is 2530-900-3115, and the Part number is 11657393, from the repair manual section. If anyone has a part number and possibly the name of the manufacturer molded into the hose, that would help.

He even said they could produce the part with possibly a $300 or so set-up charge and a price per part of possibly $20 or $30. Anybody know of any M725 supply companies that might want to invest in some fuel hoses? I'll see what other information I can come up with. Any idea how many M725s are actually out there and even running?

Thanks,
    Rochester, NY

I've got an M725 that needs a hose too. Keep us updated. Thanks

I looked at both hoses that I have and there are no other visible markings on them as far as a manufacturer or part number. I am good for now, but it would be good to have a spare when my current hose goes bad down the road. So I would be interested also. Definitely keep us informed of your findings.
    M715
    M725
    48 Willys PU
    49 Willys Jeepster
    59 Willys Wagon
    76 Cherokee Chief
    97 Jeep GC
    02 Jeep TJ
    It's a Jeep Thing!

Any updates ?