Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got her on the road!

IIRC, I sprayed a little silicone on the rubber grommet to help slide in the filler hose. And I remember the cuss-fest putting that thing in.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Well, I got the gauge panel and data plate installed today. I started degreasing the small black that will eventually going in. What a nasty task, i am about 50% done...
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Well I got a little clean up work done in preparation for the engine swap. I got the old/butchered mounts cut off, most of the firewall painted, and going to have a little lunch, then put Ospho on the frame rails.

Check out the nice hammer job to the firewall from the PO:

Thanks, George

Today I Modified the stock linkage to fit on a married sm465 np205 combo. The cell phone pic didn't turn out great, but you get the idea. I still need to modify the rail on the 205 for independent shifting, but need to degrease everything, and drain the gear oil first.

Thanks, George

I drained the remaining gas out of the tank today (about 8 gallons) and dropped the tank. It was in pretty good shape. All of the screws came right out of the sending unit.

It was pretty clean in side, except for a little bit of sediment, and a piece cloth on the bottom of the tank. I fished the cloth out, it was a piece of T-shirt???

Anyway, I just need to clean the sediments and put the new sender in, then its ready for diesel fuel!

Any ideas on a good rinse that is water soluble and environmentally friendly enough to discard in a bag of cat litter or some other recommended way?

Thanks, George

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post

Anyway, I just need to clean the sediments and put the new sender in, then its ready for diesel fuel!

Any ideas on a good rinse that is water soluble and environmentally friendly enough to discard in a bag of cat litter or some other recommended way?
    Diesel fuel? Did I miss something? Are you putting a diesel in her now?

When I cleaned my CJ-7 tank I dumped a few marbles in the tank and about a gallon of water and shook the _ell out of it. Most of the sediment came out with the marbles and water when I dumped it. I then put the tank on saw horses and filled it about half full of water. With the hose still on and inserted in the tank I flipped the tank so the filler hole was on the bottom side and let the water drain out while I continued to spray the top of the tank until the sediment stopped coming out. I let it air dry for a couple days and didn't have any problem with the small amount of water that was left after that.

Of course the cj's tank is half the size...

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post
    Diesel fuel? Did I miss something? Are you putting a diesel in her now?
    Yea, I'm putting in a 6.2 that as friend of mine has in one of his truck. He would have had it out already, but got appendicitis a few weeks ago and had it removed...

That did buy me some times to do prep work, like degreasing, painting things, and cleaning the tank.

Thanks for the marble tip!
    Thanks, George

fuel tank with new pickup tube (thanks for the tips Randy), and new sending unit

Thanks, George

My buddy and I finally had time to to pull the 6.2 diesel out of his red truck, that will go in my 715 after a cleaning and new set of gaskets.

We pulled 2 motors this morning before noon. He was parting out both trucks, so it went quick using the hot wrench

His old plow truck. It had a crack in the frame

My son helped out too

cab off truck #2

Me standing idly by

ready to clean
    Thanks, George

I had a set back today. I pulled the oil pan and found the typical 6.2 cracks by the main journals. The guy I got it from has another 6.2, that hopefully we can pull sometime before next weekend.
    Thanks, George