Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stock seat project

Good idea!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalikraven View Post
    This should be a sticky
    I agree

This thread will be very helpful. My truck has some kind of BS bucket seats out of a car. The original frames are there but seem to be a little modified.

I got lucky and located two NOS driver seats in the boxes. Obviously the driver seat will be a bolt in. I have taken the bucket seat off of the passenger frame . There was a little modification (parts added) to the passenger frame so I imagine it should work.

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and step by step instructions. I found that I had forgotten a lot about this truck. Its been 40 years since I drove one!!!. Finding my slides and reviewing them has brought a lot back.

I need a seat mount. ( Not the seat, just the floor to the seat part.) Are you able to assist? I'll have to check which side.
    1969 M715 USDA FS FEPP Truck

I have a NOS driver side seat mount, not the seat part. I used the seat for my passenger side since I could only buy two NOS driver sides. I reused the frame from the passenger side.

But I am now in Australia and won't be home until May.

Thanks,
    Don

Excellent write up! Looks soo much easier than making my own seats out of foam and canvas. But, I do need a spring bottom for my 715 drivers seat. anyone know where I can get one?
    1-1AD 4-17 INF B Co OEF 12-13

Unhappy seat mildew

i put new seats in my kaiser a week later they started to mildew,does anyone know how i can fix this?aside from moving from hot and steamy south Louisiana.
    Last edited by m715chef; August 2nd, 2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: add on

Quote Originally Posted by m715chef View Post
    i put new seats in my kaiser a week later they started to mildew,does anyone know how i can fix this?aside from moving from hot and steamy south Louisiana.
    You're going to need some sort of canvas preservative. Search the Zone or just google canvas preservative.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Is anyone aware of what grade/type of plywood was used for the bottoms? I need to make a replacement for one of my seats, and would like to maintian the same material and paint...
    keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us

I'm sure it is a standard plywood, just use A-C and put the good side down. You won't see the inside. Just match the thickness and you're good to go.

I don't have alot of miles on the truck since the recovering, but they are holding up very good.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13