Thread: Pennsylvania to Get HMV Plates

Default Pennsylvania to Get HMV Plates

Pennsylvania HMV truck owners will soon be able to get special license plates just for these historic military vehicles. I had the HMV licensing bill introduced in 2015 as HB1418. It passed the PA house 100% but stalled in the senate transportation committee where it died in 2016. Reintroduced in 2017 as HB580 it also passed the house by 100% and was again stalled in the senate transportation committee until September 2018. However, a few other special licensing bills for veteran’s issues were then combined with HB580 and became
    HB26 which passed both houses and was signed by the Governor the last week of October 2018. The rules for use will be the same as the current “antique” plates most of us have here in PA.

I am trying to get involved in the plate design and have submitted a few examples from other states to our motor vehicle department. As soon as these plates are available, I’ll post it here.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Nice, good job on working to get it through. Is it going to be like Texas and a few other states where you can use the bumper #'s and not have to mount a plate?
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

No, the State Police would not allow the USA numbers to be used as a license.

Default Here it is

License.jpg

Not happy. almost 4 years of fighting for this and we get this crappy plate. PENDOTT told me they will no longer issue custom plates. All must me in the standard PA format.

You have a victory so it comes with stale bread... it's still a win so don't sweat the plate. 'You vill comform und you vill like it!'
    Zone holster maker

That could have been a much cooler plate, lol. Oh well...
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

So Pa is limited to 999 military vehicles?

No, that is just a sample. They have not released the numbering sequence as of today. Still waiting for the "fact sheet" to be released.

Default Plates Available now.

The plates are ready to order. its mail order only, no over the counter at the DMV, messenger services or notaries. You can also get HMV plates for trailers. You can get custom plates with your vehicle date, model, etc but these will go fast. All plates will be made on order so delays are possible. i was told, but don't hold me to it, that HUMVEE's will now be eligible for these plates direct from the SF-97 but NOT for daily driver titles. The instructions allow SF-97's to be submitted with the application. There are a few HUMVEE's running around my area with regular titles but I understand they can't get them inspected anymore.

You can get the application here;

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DV...rms/mv-11M.pdf