Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Camper Special

here's a photoshop of the windows I have yet to put on the truck.... avoids all structural areas and fits above the litter rack.

Quote Originally Posted by M725baja View Post
    here's a photoshop of the windows I have yet to put on the truck.... avoids all structural areas and fits above the litter rack.

Nice project and nice window choice!

Wow! Is that a Forward Control in the background!
    Bryan Smith
    '82 J10; '81 J20

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Baja, I like the exhaust. That is exactly how I did mine.

If you don't mind my asking (and hijacking Panther's thread) where did you find that style window? I am working on an S250 camper conversion and want to use something similar. I haven't really looked around much yet.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default this is what it's all about

Baja, do tell more about the set up.
    Shackle flip rear, SOA front? Tire size?
    That's a great looking rig.

No hijacking here, just exchanging ideas, that's what I was hoping for.

Donor dodge arrived today.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Man, we need that drool smiley here..........

I always enjoy seeing a 6BT going into an M715, or 725 in this case.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Found the windows on e-bay, some place in the midwest- was looking for tint and the right dimensions. Think I paid $80 for both. They're for a trailer with thinner walls so I'll have to adapt 'em.

Yeah- that's a '58 FC170, and a '65 Wagoneer and a couple '70 Jeepsters hidin' in there somewhere. More projects than brains.

Spring over on both axles. D60 front and 14Bolt (with disc) rear, 5.13 gears with lockers. 38" MT Baja MTZ's. Rear sags a bit since conversion- gonna have new springs made at some point to level it out.

Default Rear doors

I love those windows here is a link showing what I wont to do with the rear
    barn doors; http://www.land-rover-ambulance.net/...d=26&Itemid=63

I think it will create more useable space inside.

interesting rear door mod- or you could leave the stock doors intact and still add the rear bulkheads, or just seal one door shut and use the other...

That is interesting what he did to the rover.

My thought is to use the door on the passenger side as a main entrance. The steps would then be moved over to that side. On the drivers side would be a stall for shower and toilet directly behind the rear door. To make more room for the shower, I'm thinking of lowering that section of the floor 4-5", there's room underneath. Then the shower head would be in the very corner. The idea would be to have an outdoor shower as well. Simply open both doors, pivot the shower head outside and there ya go an outdoor shower. You could even extend a curtain between the doors for privacy and make a step to stand on.

So I had a chance to pull the T98 and NP200 to start clearing space for the swap.

I do like the e-brake on the tcase and may try to use one on the Np205 later on.
    I have some POR15 on order to clean up the rust and dropping the gas tank will probably be next.

On thing I found out that I thought was pretty cool was the fact that the seat mounts swivel!
    I was thinking about doing this anyway but whoever put the seats in used a universal mount that has a swivel latch. :thumbsup:

What I'll probably do as add a small fold down tray on the door to the box. Then you could easily enjoy meals in the cab. There's not a lot of room but enough to pull it off.

Default A few Expedition Vehicles from across the pond

Panther you lucked out man, usually the little surprises we find in vehicles this old are not good. I'll be on the lookout for swivel seat mounts.
    here are a couple of links from when i was thinking to buy a Land Rover 109
    ambulance. /www.ambulancetreff.de/pages/events/2008/ambulancetreff.php
    Some good camper ideas.
    On this 2nd link the check out the cabinets in the second to last photo
    http://www.ambulancetreff.de/pages/e...lancetreff.php

It would be cool to see a stock land rover 109 ambulance vs. a stock 725 put
    through an off road test. yeah we know which would win.