Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CPO Dave's restoration thread. (Ser#14690)

Opened the engine up both top and bottom. Clean as a whistle and tight as a new engine. Happy me, finally something I didn't have to spend money on. Installing a new clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing though since it's accessable.
    Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

Clean, clean!

A couple more tonight before bed.

All hands on deck to roll the 230 Tornado mill while on the engine stand!

Does anyone have info on new rubber boots for the clutch transfer assembly? I'm in desperate need!!!! Please PM me, replay here or e-mail me PLEASE!

We've come a long way since last October!

Certainly looks better than when it left the factory! Great job and thanks for sharing your progress.

I have looked for those same boots too and never found them. I have soaked them in kerosene, cleaned them up and reused them. Mine were a little loose on the seals so I loosely used a zip tie to keep it tight to the tube.
    If you do ever find them give a shout. I'll take a few myself.

Default New Pictures :-)

As of 09 July 2014. Engine and transmission back in the frame now.

Me enjoying a well deserved beer!

Cheers on your progress. It's looking good.
    Roy

9 July 2014- Hot as hell here!!! 95 degrees in the garage most of the day. Finally a severe thunderstorm blew in and dropped the temp 20 degrees in 20 minutes. Problem is, the lightning chased me away from the pressure washer. With my backyard being a literal "Antenna Farm" from all the Ham Radio vertical and horizontal antennas I figured it was time to get inside instead of playing in the rain. But, never one to pass up an advantage, I let Mother Nature help wash the grease off the NP-200 transfer case! I ran outside every 30 minutes or so and hit the case with more degreaser and let the driving rain do the rest.

Transfer case picture taken earlier in the day before all hell broke loose here.

Thanks for the awesome pics on your 'work in progress'.

You make me feel like a slacker, I've had my M715 for a month and have done nothing besides spray some carb cleaner into a rough-idling engine. Just got my angle grinder and abrasive brushes to begin de-rusting and refinishing the frame.

15 July 2014-

Couple quick picture today. Mechanical fuel pump is on, starter is on and rebuilt Holley single barrel carb is back on. I got really lucky. The trademark Holley flat gold/yellow coating was about 97% still there after degreasing so I didn't have to spend the 200 dollars to send it out for refinish and coating at the Holley rebuild facility. Sad that the carb metal ID tag was missing though. Finally got the exhaust manifold painted the color I wanted. Eastwood dark cast gray ceramic hi temp rattle can. Tomorrow I hope to have the NP 200 transfer case back in the frame on the new bushings. Sorry the pictures are not the greatest, I used my cell phone camera.

Dave-
    (W4CPO)
    Last edited by David Zelinski; July 16th, 2014 at 12:14 AM. Reason: typo correction :-(