Thread: no fuel to carb

Default no fuel to carb

Took off fuel in line filter and cranked engine, no fuel coming out of line, prior to me pulling the fuel pump any other way to check why no gas coming out of line when cranking engine??? limited knowledge mechanics but have owned many military vehicles and a few M-715s, and would never sell the 715, have a complete engine spare and could exchange out fuel pump but prior to that any suggestions would be appreciated.........thanks......

IIRC the fuel pump diaphragm may be cracked or the intake sock in the fuel tank may be clogged, or both. You could put the gas tank line in a fuel can and see if it pumps or not. I never had a tornado in my truck, it was already swapped out. A plugged fuel tank sock is not uncommon.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

ok, thanks, did not know it had that in the tank. owned it for many years and its a great tough truck.............will check it out, makes sense.......thanks.....

Thanks, checked and had good fuel to fuel pump, took my spare off the extra engine and she started up and runs good........thanks for the help.........anybody sell kits to rebuild my old pump or sell one , like having a spare..........

Default Fuel pump rebuild

Then and now automotive
    tel:781-335-8860
    They can supposedly rebuild it with a diaphragm that better handles ethanol fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ec4fish View Post
    Then and now automotive
    tel:781-335-8860
    They can supposedly rebuild it with a diaphragm that better handles ethanol fuel.
    Yes, ethanol resistant parts.
    I have used one of their kits for my truck's fuel pump.
    The instructions in the kit are really detailed, pretty easy to do.

Glad you got it figured out!!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun