Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum wiper motor restore

Default Vacuum wiper motor restore

Am I the only one who didn't know that re-greasing the inside of the wiper motors makes them work like new?

Now I just have to figure out how to keep the blades from crashing into each other and stopping.
    1968 M-715 w/1100R16s on Stockton wheels, H3 headlights, 2bbl upgrade...

most likely not...but hey, you probably know stuff I dont...this is where we share what we have learned from others...glad you learned more about the truck...thats why we are here!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Great info. I had no idea but makes perfect sense. Thanks!

I had bought my Truck in Dec of 2018. I've not had time to do anything with it since it was unload in the driveway with the back axle torn apart. I have been looking at the windshield wipers and wondering how they worked. These are only vacuum? Do they both go on together or can the one work while the other is parked? I've noticed the vacuum wipers don't usually work very well, is there something better out there?

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    most likely not...but hey, you probably know stuff I dont...this is where we share what we have learned from others...glad you learned more about the truck...thats why we are here!
    Know stuff you don't? Noooottt liiikelllyyyy...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jhartings View Post
    Great info. I had no idea but makes perfect sense. Thanks!
    In my case, redistributing the grease made a huge difference on one side, removing parts of an insect nest in the switching compartment fixed the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep_Heaven View Post
    I had bought my Truck in Dec of 2018. I've not had time to do anything with it since it was unload in the driveway with the back axle torn apart. I have been looking at the windshield wipers and wondering how they worked. These are only vacuum? Do they both go on together or can the one work while the other is parked? I've noticed the vacuum wipers don't usually work very well, is there something better out there?
    Yes, they're only vacuum, they work at the same time, but not synchronized. That's why I'm having collision problems, I think I made the arms too long. The motors could work one at a time, but that would require another switch. There's a good thread on this site about an electric motor upgrade, but I wasn't able to find it quickly to add it here. I'm going to give these motors another chance before looking at that option again.
    Glad that you have one in the driveway, that's the only way to start!

Found it! http://m715zone.com/vb/showthread.ph...lectric+wipers
    Last edited by TJinSD; March 9th, 2019 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Add link

Should be 12 inch blades and shouldnt be hitting each other...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I'll have to measure them. I didn't think they were that long. I'll shorten the arms back to where they were and try again. Maybe I have the wrong arms.

Thanks!

Can you please tell me what all was involved in greasing the motors? Mine aren't working as well as they should and I figured I'd give this a shot first. Can they be taken apart and greased while attached to the windshield? I didn't want to crack one open and have springs and whatnot flying all over the place, been there, done that, don't want to revisit.
    Thank you.