Thread: Brake help

Default Brake help

I have a 68 m725 trying to get it road worthy. In the process of doing the brakes got the rear brakes off and got some questions I tried using the search function but it won't let me type anything in. So here are the questions I jave.

I think the master cylinder is not working is there a replacement or an alternative one to get.

Can I get brake shoes for it. If so what are the part numbers. O read over on steel solider they are hard to come by and can I use gladiator brake shoes.

Also the wheel cylinders need some of those too.
    Any help guidance would be freaking awsome.

Check Memphis or Boyce equipment for the parts you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by lelant View Post
    Check Memphis or Boyce equipment for the parts you are looking for.
    Yes, Memphis Equipment has everything that you could need.

That said, A highly recommended safety upgrade is changing to a dual master cylinder.
    The Dorman #56193 is an easy "bolt on" upgrade. You will need to change around the brake lines slightly to separate the circuits front/rear.
    You can see from this picture of mine, how the brake lines are rerouted.
    If I were you, I would replace every steel line anyway.
    Last edited by jeepdan; August 18th, 2019 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks guys. I planned on replacing the brake lines blew some air through them and some very nasty crap come out.
    Again thanks for the info

Another question can someone tell me the thickness of the new brake shoes

And use Dot5 instead of Dot 3 or 4. Your brake system will last many times longer.