Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Progress at last!

Think I figured it out!
    And it's only 1 3/4" below the frame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

There you go and it looks like you can still get in there and grease the joint.
    Is that real money?

Got the engine mount/ crossmember completed and welded in. It just took yo-yoing the cab on and off about 6 times.
    I had to tweek the trans crossmember mount some because with all the cab jostling the engine had slid back about an inch. Sure glad I didn't rush welding in the engine crossmember!
    So, the cab is back on and everything has good clearance.

THANKS to 78FordF150 I'm now happy with the second t-case crossmember and support!
    Tomwoods driveshafts came in and fit Perfectly

I got the hydro assist cylinder mount built and the cylinder installed (I know, the cylinder tie rod clamp isn't centered yet) and discovered my steering gear box may be too close and cause interference between the drag link and tie rod. I'll figure that out soon.

But, still moving forward some...

Glad I was able to help. I must say those crossmembers turned out pretty slick.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Moving forward somemore...
    I got all the brake hardlines made and installed a proportioning valve along with the brake switch.
    Fuel tank is upgraded to the in-tank EFI fuel pump and I'll have the fuel hardlines and hoses in this week.
    I had to remove and rebuild the steering box mount because it was to far rearward and stacked the draglink over the tie rod.
    Hydro-assist mount rebuilt and the cylinder all plumbed to the steering box.
    SHEW WE!
    But happy to be getting things moving again!

Nice progress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Hydroboost and P/S plumbing done.

Let the wiring begin!!!

Plus the triple stick shifter from JB Fab came in.

Default wiring

WOW!
    This will make your head hurt!
    I am retaining the 3 lever headlight switch, B/O lights and military T/S switch so splicing them into an aftermarket wiring harness is, let's say, taxing...
    I'm also going to run a Holley Sniper EFI so I have that wiring to deal with too.
    Then I have front and rear winches that I want to be able to control from the cab AND from each end of the truck with the normal winch control lead.
    Fuel sender and fuel pump, extra battery mounted at the rear winch and add in some LED offroad lighting....

I've got to get all the circuits made and I'll add a spare wire or two then loom it all up.
    dash.jpg

Holy crap. That's a boat load of mixed wiring to blend together. Turducken wiring harness.