Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1968 m715

Slap some OD Green on that bad boy, add some dents and nobody will know!

Quote Originally Posted by bmac6026 View Post
    looking good!

Thanks! All the jeepers in this area are voting for the more stock look where the square tubes are inboard about 4.75”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jhartings View Post
    Slap some OD Green on that bad boy, add some dents and nobody will know!

Haha, thanks! It has plenty of dents already- I’ll be taking a few of them out, though.

Whew.

Now the real body work can start.

The cab is off. I’m taking advantage of the warmer weather to clean up the shop and get ready to dismantle the Chevy cab/front clip.

One panel at a time.

Looks great so far. What's the size of your bfg tire? I'm looking for possible replacements for my michelin tires.
    Last edited by glendom; June 10th, 2019 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glendom View Post
    Looks great so far. What's the size of your bfg tire? I'm looking for possible replacements for my michelin tires.

Those were 38’s. But not too roadworthy. Usable, but a bit dry rotted and mostly weather checked.

I traded them for a complete Dana 44 front axle hub to hub. I had a set of spare 33’s I put on until I get the cab situated.

The cab is on, but the back 32” of the cab have to be modified for it to sit it down the 5”, or so to make it look “stock”. I’ve got some vacation time coming, so that’s the plan (that and going to the lake!).

I finally was able to tackle one side of the floor boards. I need to drop the cab from it’s current height down 6”. This “minor” mod will give me 7” of drop onto the frame.

I should be able to weld it all up by sundown.

Default 1968 m715

She’s lowered- and I still have .25 to .75 inches to play with to lower it. The bed still needs to come back another 1-2” and I have to fill the gap between the bed and cab. Whew.

Edit:

The old 6 cyl radiator and grill support are out. The 1978 V8 radiator support is in, along with a 63 Wagoneer grill support.

I also might have to drop the cab a few more inches IMHO.

Edit:

I did drop the cab another 1.75”. It’s as low as it can go and still get clearance with the standard air cleaner and the reservoir for the hydro-boost. It’s within .75-1” of where the SM shifter would poke through the floor.

Last edited by 66stepside; August 7th, 2019 at 04:59 PM.