Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another 12v blackout hood light conversion

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by BBM715 View Post
    Yes I'm sorry to say. On a very dark night in Grayling I was out running an errand for the CO and had to park and walk into his site. When I came back to "the tree" (among the 40 million out there) someone had moved my CUCV! Well, moved it about 20 yards away next to some other tree - they were tricky about it too - that tree looked just like "the tree" I had origionally parked next to. After that I always left the BO marker lights on so that trickster couldn't get me again! lol
    Ooops! But hey, it happens to the best of us.

I had a customer several years ago who had a Suzuki ATV we just did some major repairs on for him, including new plastic, seat cover, tires and other stuff. It was a larger utility ATV if I remember correctly.

Anyway, he rode quite a lot, and also drank a lot too, and got out on the trail and stopped in the woods and walked a distance away to answer nature's call. Whether he was too drunk to remember he was riding, or he lost his way, isn't clear, but he couldn't find his ATV and hiked back out and home.

The next morning he woke up and couldn't find his ATV or remember any of the details. The bike was lost for good.

I bet some kid had the find of a lifetime out there in the woods in the following days......

The black out lights in the regular turn signal and tail light housings just do the blackout turn signals and running lights...they dont do the stop lights. The only black out stop light is in the seperate housing to the passenger side.

That is the brake lamp. It should only come on when you have the BO lamp system activated and apply the brakes.

Oops, I must have been at the bottom of the page and not realized that we had already gone on the another page. Grrr...
    Last edited by Elwenil; November 14th, 2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Stupidity.
    -What We Have, We Hold-

Default b.o. lights

Just wanted to say "Thanks" Randyscycle for posting the pics. You've given me some ideas for the two that I got from salvage. Thumbs up x2, Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dog View Post
    Just wanted to say "Thanks" Randyscycle for posting the pics. You've given me some ideas for the two that I got from salvage. Thumbs up x2, Jay
    Hopefully they may be of help, and glad to do so!

Thanks, Jon, and Elwenil for clearing up the brakelight thing. Its all starting to make sense now.....

Wanted to include a couple of "finished product" shots..... After O.D.

what kind of OD paint did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by warwick View Post
    what kind of OD paint did you use?
    Actually, as much as I hate to admit it....Krylon rattle can.....

They look nice man, real minty! I love using my beadblaster, well I should say I love the finish my blaster leaves. And hey, I like that od Krylon...looks pretty good on a few things I've shot. Very even.

Quote Originally Posted by fng View Post
    They look nice man, real minty! I love using my beadblaster, well I should say I love the finish my blaster leaves. And hey, I like that od Krylon...looks pretty good on a few things I've shot. Very even.
    I do love my bead blaster too. No other way to paint in my opinion. Just wish the whole truck would fit in it.....

The Krylon does spray well, and looks right. Rust-Oleum makes the same color, but the spray consistency isn't as good. It works in a pinch. I just normally spray everything with a gun, but time and funds have dictated rattle can in this instance. All the $$$ are going to the mechanical end for now and later, I will spring for the OD by the gallon.