Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel cylinders to Vette master cylinder Q's

Trying to find the latest on the Ford replacement, found the NAPA P.N's 4637218 & 219. Went to the NAPA site and they didn't match up with a '93 E250. They did have the P.N. listed, but no way to go from a P.N. to a vehicle make, to cross check it.
    I also looked at the Advance Auto site, going by the Ford decription, there was a choice of 1 1/16", 1 1/8", and 1 3/16" diameter bore. Would one be better than another with power brakes/Vette master, or does it matter?
    Can someone verify the vehicle make, model, year (so I can compare prices) and any other info. They might ask me when I go to the counter.
    I'm planning to go from the Vette master to the wheel cylinders all new. Including pressure brake light switch, T's and hoses. If anyone has done this all at once, and knows exactly what works with what, I could use some help. Details like, size and flare difference between the master and wheel cylinders, particular brake switch, residual valves and lbs. ect.
    All advice taken.
    Thanks.

Whatever the stock wheel cylinder are, I'd stick with. I've no problems with mine with NOS wheel cylinders and the Vette master and J10 booster. My pads are NOS too and drum were freshly turned. I could lock up all four of my 37x13 boggers on the road. I also pulled some pretty bid loads and was happy with the way the big pads and drums handled that.
    Big Blocks RULE!

The stock size is 1 1/16ths inch bore.
    If I remember right, the application is a 94 3/4 or 1 ton Ford Van.
    The part numbers from Tru-Torque are:
    Tru torque W37262 and W37263, left and right.
    The following are part numbers for one side, not sure which off hand
    Bendix 33595
    Raybestos WC37263
    EIS EW73615
    Wagner F73615

With any of those numbers, I think every parts store in the country should be able to find the cross references, if needed, the application and the other side...either left or right, to match this one.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default starter

Wagner F73615 Was the left hand side. that was the number that worked for me.
    Don't forget that the flare lines bolt up, but the holes on the back plate need filed a bit to mount the cylinder.

Was too easy with the parts interchange. Where the guy at the parts counter usually says you need a part for a M-What??
    I love this Place!
    Allan

I think you'll have to do just a little work to the backing plate to use those. I think B- is running them. I gave him a set.
    Big Blocks RULE!

Im running them...just opened up the bolt holes on the lower side by a quarter hole or so and used washers on the bolts.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Thanks. Thats alot of good info.
    If I can do this, go from the Vette master to the Ford wheel cylinders, front and back, with all standard items, I'll be sure to keep all the part numbers and make/model.
    The three hoses have my curiosity now.... '94 Ford 3/4 ton van hopefully.

AB Linn has the 3 hoses...show up on ebay frequently...can also have braided stainless made...pricey but gives a much stronger pedal due to no swelling up when the pressure builds...also NOS hoses are getting a bit old...figure they were made at the newest in the early 70's, maybe before...long time for rubber.
    brute4c

I agree with ya on the NOS rubber. I have a NOS filler neck hose that I bought 2 years ago, never installed, now shows a little dry rot.

I hope to find something cheap, new and easy,........Yep, thats asking a bit much.
    Stainless would be nice though.

Why not get a stock off the shelf hose that fits your wheel cylinder and then adapt it to your brake line? That's what I have in mind to do when I get around to re-doing my brakes.