Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big thanks to everyone!!

Default Big thanks to everyone!!

So after ten years of trying to collect parts and get the m715 back on the road it's done. First official drive on memorial day which I thought was fitting.
    350 small block, power brakes and steering. All new wiring and brake system. XZL's.
    It's a completely different truck now.
    Much appreciation and thanks to everyone on here who either helped answering questions directly or were willing to share knowledge on the site.
    First time trying to put up a pic. Sorry if I failed but thanks again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice ride. Glad to see it back on the road.

Looks great and it runs! Can't beat that!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Congratulations!!! Very nice!!!
    Thanks for all the help!

Roll on and enjoy...you have earned it!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Appreciate it guys! I'm hoping to get to my buddies farm and his fifteen or so miles of trails and roads around fields, start testing things out a little more.
    My first faster test drive got a little shaky on me so it was a quick trip, I was hoping the tires just needed to warm up a little bit, maybe that's not true with XZL's? The rest of the front end seems solid, no clunking from the kingpins, steering box feels tight, linkages are tight.
    Only thing I can think of is that it's in the tires somehow?
    Any insight beyond what I came up with would be much appreciated as always.

Default "Shakey" vibration?

Congrats on getting your truck on the road! It's an accomplishment for sure!

I don't know if this is the correct solution, but maybe the "shaking" was your drive shafts? You can get a vibration if they aren't lined up right. I am told that the yokes on both ends of the shafts have to be correctly lined up where they connect to the diffs or the transmission or the transfer case.

I'll try to explain this right...

On the universal joints there are two caps with clips and two caps that have steel u bolts around them that connect them with a yoke. The u joints on both sides of the drive shaft need to be lined up.

Maybe a image will help me explain this better...

If you look at this figure from the online manuals, it supports what was said. Please look at the orientation of the yokes. I remember that when I rebuilt my driveshafts (new universal joints) I followed this advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Once I got the "death wobble" when my tire pressures were not where they should have been. I have the STA Super Lugs.
    Thanks for all the help!

Congrats! That's a nice truck. Really worth your time and effort.