Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canvas top for cab

I noticed New Life Resources which is now named New Life Canvas was not mentioned. It looks like they are still making M715 products. Back ten years ago when I had my stock truck, they made my top and cargo cover. I was pleased with the work. Are they not a contender anymore? I am going to want a black top for my latest truck. I may make my own. I have a Pfaff 145 upholstery machine now. But no patterns to copy. Anyway, just curious about the lack of mention of New Life...

Thanks for posting. I had forgotten about New Life.
    Is that the outfit that would sew in options, such as installing a roll up rear window?

Yes, BUT she ("Mona") is not fast at filling orders.

They have ALWAYS been slow. But the quality is very good. Having my own machine and making things like this, I am very aware of the detail and time involved to make a good product without mistakes. Pulling canvas off of a roll and ending up with a nice top in the end is a lot more work than it looks like. Yes they will customize. And Binfords old truck is on their M715 page.

I look at this page every day to get inspiration to finish mine as nicely!
    M35A2, M38A1, M715 w/w

If only Weebee Webbing / Oddcloth still made the cargo covers I would've ordered over there and let it ship to Europe. My guess is they make the best quality product out there. Where would you guys recommend to order at when shipping to Europe. I've read some vendors sell parts like tie rod ends too, like vpw. Do VPW and Memphis equipment both sell cab top, cargo top and end curtains. My dad found two end curtains over here in the Netherlands but I would like to have everyting in the same material and color.