Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The longest build thread ever, at least it seems like it!

I am looking for a picture or measurement of a Buick 350 T-18 clutch fork. Anybody have a fork out for checking? I don't have one handy. Or at all for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    Well my first truck needed a shoulder into the door when flexed a little bit the one or two times I took it offroad. And it was bolted down correctly. The cabs are not rigid at all. I am considering a cage or at least a roll bar. That decision is a ways off yet. The wife and I are heading to Hayden and Post Falls soon. Any chance of picking up the crossmembers while down there? I can wait to if need be.
    Yeah, when you coming down?

Wednesday or Thursday would work. Whats best for you Glenn? Probably mid day some time. We have not been out much. I hope I can remember how to drive.

Either day will work. My job's been pretty slow and this week looks slower than last week.

Liz says Thursday. So Thursday it is. I will need you to PM where you are. Or a phone call will work also. I will call by wed evening if I don't see directions by then. Cool! I have been looking forward to it.

So the truck rolls on it's own wheels again. Superlift 2.5 inch lift chevy 47 inch springs, ruff stuff hangers, shackles measuring 3 3/4 center to center, and Rubicon Express steel 6 degree shims has put my caster at 5.75 degrees. The truck sits nose high and has yet to hold the weight of a Buick 350, winch and a bumper. Hopefully it will drop some and I will add a short block in the back suspension to level it all out at the end of assembly.

I could not get the doors open enough to remove the front sheetmetal while on the lift. Now I can and time to change the engine frame horns.
    I will put the motor in then remove it for checking mains and rod bearings. Put in a roller timing chain and paint it. And replace the firewall and some floors. It looks like the rockers may need it to. Melnicks makes the most accurate reproduction rockers for wagoneers and they sell shorter ones for the J trucks or in this case, a M715.

Onward...

Had a great trip to Glenn's today. Great to finally meet him and see all his M trucks. It would be safe to call it Glenn's M truck emporium!
    Got some much needed parts and found he had a cab that is in way better shape than mine. Sunday we grab a wrench and will pull it off the frame. Can't thank Glenn enough for the parts. A happy camper here.

A second trip to Glenn's and I went home with a cab in much better condition than mine. I will be giving Glenn my cab so he can use the back portion for his project. Glenn has saved me about a month of metal restoration. Thanks Glenn!

As soon as I am done working on a CJ 7 I am trying to sell, I can get back on the fun stuff with my truck. Looking forward to it.

Still fixing the CJ. The M715 is taunting me. Crazy frustration. I brought in a clean title to transfer in my name. Someone put three brands on my new title and I am spending hours now trying to get them removed. One of the brands says my truck is a replica. I brought in proof it is a factory produced vehicle, I brought in a print out of their criteria for removing a brand and my truck fits it perfectly. It had no brands before. These people are stupid. Stupid people who don't do the right thing in life consume time and resources of those that do. It is as bad as talking to a cell phone company.
    I need a time out.

Don't you wish changing the title was as easy as pulling a cab.