Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.2 diesel motor mounts?

Default 6.2 diesel motor mounts?

so i see that a few companies claim to sell motor mount kits to allow one to use their kits to easily bolt a sbc/bbc into full size jeeps.

Has anyone used these? Do they work?

Since the 6.2 has the same mounting couldnt one just use these "kits" to bolt it into a m715?

Ideas comments?

Yes, the Novak kit makes it a bolt in. So does a plate of steel and the stock 230 mounts. Also known as "Spicer plates" here on the Zone. Do a search and you will find plenty of pictures.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

my stock 230 mounts were cut out a long time ago by the previous owner so would i still be able to use the novak stuff?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

If the stockers were torched out, you'll need to find some from a donor truck and weld them in. The originals were welded to the frame, so no, you won't be able to just bolt in the Novak stuff.

I thought you were going with 7.3 Ford stuff.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Here's a pic of my own fabbed mounts, The upper bracket (cut down) came on the 6.2. The lower perch is stock M715. The in between part, I fabbed from a flat plate and a piece of pipe (you can't see the pipe in the picture)
    I know you asked about a "kit", but this will give you an idea of what it will involve. By the way, this was used with a stock M715 T98 tranny with an Advance (or Novak) bellhousing adapter. As you can see, the forward/back placement hit the stock mounts very nicely. I chose to cut the mounts down as short as possible, so my top mounted ATS turbo would clear the hood.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Since mine were removed, I just fabbed these to hold a BB Chevy out of some DOM and flat plate. The first pic will give you an idea of the relation of a Chevy motor mount in comparison to the stock point:

"Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

i am still wanting to use the ford stuff, but the owner is being a pita to get the truck from. So with that in mind i am keeping my options open.

I also inspected the truck once again and i cant tell if the motor has a blown head gasket or if its the dreaded cavitation. So i need to pressure test the cooling system and pull the glow plugs and engine oil etc to check.

But the ford stuff is nice other than that. I want to put a 4bt in it but people want way to much for them, if you can even find one locally anyways.

Ya, you're right, they don't show up here in WA. very often or reasonably priced.

I had removed the original engine mounts in 1981 when I adopted a Hanomag Diesel engine. So, when I changed it for 6.2 l Diesel in 2003/4, I used canibalized Chevy Ambulance engine mounts to built new ones. The mounts are bolted and with reinforcements are also welded to the frame rails and so far work perfect. Please no "This statement is worthless without pics", for first by that time I owned no electronic camera (have they already been awailable for a suitable price?) but only a Leica R3 electronic and second so far I newer succeeded to add any kind of pic to a statement in this forum!
    Wolf

hmm that's an interesting setup

Yeah getting pictures sized is sometimes difficult