Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transport Recommendation

Jester Guest

Default Transport Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a transport company to move a M715? I am expanding my search for a truck outside of the distance I would want to drive. Need to factor trucking costs into my purchase decisions.

Thanks

Figure $1.25-$2.00 per mile depending on who you can find.

I'm currently in the process of finding transport as well.

So far I have several quotes ranging from $850 to $1100 for an open carrier for 1,300 miles. I've been researching most of them on http://www.transportreviews.com/ and following up with emails.

I just had mine moved from rural Utah to upstate NY. I used GT Autotransport (gtautotransport.com). I had contracted with a couple of other places and the truck went nowhere for over 2 weeks. I call GT and it was picked up within 3 days and delivered 5 days later. They were excellent. I ended up paying 1400 due to the rural location of the pickup, but all and all they were excellent.

jamie

I had my truck shipped cross country and it was a pain. Most companies u contact arent really trucking companys but rather just brokers. They quote u a price then put it out to real trucking operators to see if anyone will take it. When you make an agreement w a broker you will have to make a deposit ( which is really jus their cut) then when the vehicle is delivered you pay the balance to the trucker. There is alot of room for problems and being ripped off. I tried 3 contractors to get one to actually do the job and it still took 3 months for them to do it. And the first broker wouldnt refund my deposit even though they never came through. Ask alot of questions and make them give it in writing on the contract or beware.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

I may be going to Roseburg Oregon in September, I could possibly pick one up along the way, if you find one.

Does anyone who was the member on here that is a truck driver and offered to move stuff IF it was along his route and IF he had room?
    On a side note, I would recommend getting a decent one for a little extra. Having the truck down for months at a time while you work on it is a real drag. Expanding your search area is a great idea.

If you get a truck that runs. There are car/truck hauling companies that use care carriers (like the ones that deliver new cars to dealers) and the old owner drops the car off at a specified location they load it a week or two later and then it gets delivered at a locations at your end and you pick it up and drive it home. When I sold my 73 VW the guy I sold it to lived in Vegas and that is how he had it shipped. I just drove to downtown and pulled into a yard. They did the paperwork like going over scratches etc. I gave them the keys and left. 2 weeks later got an e-mail saying the car had been delivered. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the company though.
    Zone holster maker

So to update, I ended up going with GT transport to the tune of $1,200.00

It would have been slightly cheaper, but along with the truck came several extra tires and spare parts which increased the weight slightly.

Total distance travelled was 1,300 miles.

Jester Guest

i went with GT also. There should be a Zone discount now.