Thread: 38inch street tire?

Default 38inch street tire?

What is a good 38 inch street tire. I know that XL and XZL tires are good, but they are now getting old and hard to find. Swamper TSLs seem to be awesome for off road, but not great on road.

Is there a good tire for mostly on road and some off road use, in a 38 inch diameter?

Zach

Default Mickey Thompson

I have MT tires that are nearly 38". Aggressive tread, but are fine on the road

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I hear the TSL "being bad on the road" thing all the time and I can't say its a bad tire in my experience.

Given that I am not commuting in my M715 they will probably last forever nd dry rot off before they wear out, and I keep the pressure checked regularly.

They are a bit noisy, but in the 715 that isn't a worry either. In fact I can't hear them once the transfer case comes in at about 35-40 MPH.

They are supporting a 6000 lb truck, so I wouldn't expect many tires to live terribly long except a tire for a road tractor, but then the off-road thing is out of the question.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

i have 42-12.50-15s tsls on my truck and have no complaints at all.I had 37-12.50-16 tsl radials on there before and loved them as well.

Similar Threads

1. frank : Are these trucks street legal in Washington state?
    By PseudoZone in forum PseudoZone - Open Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 11th, 2009, 03:49 AM
  2. Tire Source
    By rboltz in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 14th, 2009, 05:36 PM
  3. M37 Street Rod
    By Calpyro in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 29th, 2008, 01:04 PM
  4. Mr. Gaskets Street Scoop on the M715