Thread: Pre-bent brake line kits?

Default Pre-bent brake line kits?

Does anyone sell pre-bent brake lines for the m715?

I am at a point where I need to replace all of mine. I have a bender, and have done this before, but I have NO time. Buying pre-bent lines will save me a ton of time.

Zach

Shipping on the pre-bents would be a pain, as some sections are over 5' long.

Get the Napa green armored lines - very easy to bend by hand with no kinking and it makes replacement quick.

I think cost is about $8 for a 61" 3/8ths line for the main feed to the back, and about $6 for the shorter sections of 7/16ths from the rear splitter to the wheel cylinders.

I'm in the middle of this myself - decided to replace it all because 1) it's all old tubing, and 2) the new stuff's green like the truck.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

It is also softer or easier to bend that the older stuff. You could probably do all the lines in an hour or two. Besides what Rich said... OD
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Okay. If anyone is up yet...
    How many lines do I need and how long? Can somone give me a shopping list? Napa is open today, and I can do the install Tomorrow.

Zach

When I did mine I got the prebent stainless set from Classic Tube. It fit like a glove and although they did have to bend the longer pieces to fit them into the shipping box it was very easy to straighten out and fit.
    The set didn't need any adapters, all fittings were included and even though the set was shiney (SS) it looked factory because the bends were spot on.
    Hang on to your hat, the set was $305 and I had to wait about ten days before I got it but it was worth the wait. It should last another 40 years easy.

Zach, I've only dealt with the backs so far - I think I used 2 60" 3/16ths lines from the back splitter to the proportioning valve and 2 1/4" lines from the rear splitter to the wheel cylinders.

The rear 1/4 lines are different lengths - the drivers' side is a short one approx 30" or so - the pass one is longer - maybe 48".

I did have to trim about 2" off of the passenger side one to match length. I have a tubing flare kit from harbor freight that I used to re-flare the end. You'll also need a tubing cutter if you don't have one.

Rich
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

VPW ads pre bent sets also.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Pre-bent lines are nice, but the price always blew me out of the water, and the polymer coated lines from NAPA work excellent. They should last a long time with proper flushing of the fluid regularly.

They bend very easily and smoothly without a bender and conform to the frame perfectly. The green is a nice touch too! I found that there really aren't any complicated bends on the 715 frame, so bending myslef resulted in a set of lines that looked as good as the originals.

I did a split circuit dual master power brake setup so my line length would be different than a stock truck.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I know a couple of us ordered the s/s lines from 'Classic Tube', they should have the 'pattern' in stock. My truck sits about 98% of the time, and rusted out brake lines are no fun at a stop sign!