Thread: canvas cab top

Default canvas cab top

Hello, folks. I'm new to the list posting, but did spend the better part of one whole night going thru most of the treads.

Picked up a '67 M715 last month, and am getting some things taken care of. Rebuilt the fuel pump (last one from Midwest Military) and that works excellent. Really helps to fill up the lines with gas before you try to start it...

Anyhoo, the park service made a plywood cab, but kept the bow supports. I plan on removing the wood and installing the canvas cab top. What I need are the bows and the canvas.

Who makes the best top for these? I'm sure you guys have purchased a few from the vendors, any thoughts on who has the best one?

Scott

Welcome aboard!! I am up the road from ya near the CWA airport.

I think I saw this truck for sale at Iola this year...had one there with the wooden hardtop.\

Canvas, the best quality and open to custom tailoring we know of is:
    New Life Canvas
    3201 West 260th Street
    New Prague, MN 56071
    Phone: (952) 758-3879
    Email: newlifecanvas@yahoo.com

She does have a wait to get your top done but she does great work according to everyone who has used her service. She makes tops with roll up rear windows and bigger rear windows or even other materials, like the OD tarp they use nowadays for the tops if people prefer/request.

The bows are hard to find but they are hollow round stock with a few bends...I have set you can use as a pattern and bend some depending on your skill level...it is a bit challenging.

Default Top tip.

Hey, thanks for the tip. Got the wooden top off today, the supports were still under there. Can bend the top bows at work, we have some nice large pipe/tubing benders.

I snapped up that M715 from Joe R. that saturday morning at Iola, and had about 1/2 hour to look around at the rest of the stuff. Wanted to look at that M724 and the other M715's to see what I was missing. He delivered the truck to my house on his way home, so it worked out both ways. Might have been a smidge over what I wanted to pay, but it was all original paint and numbers, etc, and complete with winch, too. And besides, what better than having it dropped off at your house for free.

We'll have to get together and have one of those field expeditions here that they have out west.

Scott

when was the last time someone ordered something from new life? and how long was the wait? I have been waiting over a year for covers for my 63CJ5, after I sent her the originals off my truck for patterns. there was some moaning on the board a while back, and was wondering if the wait has gotten any better?

Duane

call vintage m715 (888-695-0578)

canvas top $385 brand new

Surplus city jeep parts has original style tops for $265.