Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Injection, anybody ever heard of these folks?

Default Fuel Injection, anybody ever heard of these folks?

Affordable Fuel Injection

Anybody heard of/dealt with these folks? System looks decent, price sounds OK.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

$1300 or so is a decent price?! I need to get into the computer business....

It appears to be pretty much the same thing (at least for the AMC 258) that can be had out of a 4.3L GMC V6 at the junkyard for a couple hundred bucks.
    -- Tim Taylor

Ive heard of them and being that they use a factory GM computer and throttle body on a stock or slightly cammed up motor so it should be a plug and play system and should be a good one and they can reprogram them for modified engines. Id say it would be easier than doing one like Im doing.

you can build your own system like this one by using a salvage yard computer, harness, sensors, throttle body and adding an inline fuel pump and a fuel return line to the tank. the local muffler shop can add bungs for the O2 sensors. Im fixing to install an 04 or newer 6.0 or 8.1 L. in mine and Im getting it complete with computer and harness plus a 2 wheel drive tranny then putting my 205 transfer case behind it.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Not a bad looking setup, but were it me, I'd save my pennies and get the Edelbrock MPI setup. Throttle body systems are a pain to setup for anything other than a stcok application, and in the case of my Holley Commander, full of software bugs and glitches.

Off the shelf parts availability is a good thing, though, and the GM systems are proven.

I have had OK luck with my Holley except for little niggling idle and cold-start issues. Holley is very unresponsive and unsupportive in their tech-help department and they know they have issues. I will be doing the MPI system in the future for sure. Make sure you ask around with some of the people who have had experience with this system, maybe in some street rod forums and see what their experience has been.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

mmmmm, this is purty:

(from their site...)

I'm toying around with a project idea....now that the 715 is almost done. I got another 10 years coming up.

I'm liking an aftermarket GM-based TBI setup for simplicity and futureproofedness. Although dropping in a late MPI motor is possible...simpler is better.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

That is real purty actually.......

I just like the tailorability (if that's a word) of MPI systems. TBI is subject to manifold design issues and temperature issues along with the fact that they are just hard to get adapted to a variety of engines.

I may look into their systems a little further...........

If you want to do a tbi setup, it can be done for alot less than $1,200. Checkout the guys at fullsizechevy.com forum. Theres a company that makes flash computers for 88-98 chevy trucks that tunable with a laptop. If your looking to build a small block over 300hp, use the big block injectors in the 350 throttle body. Do a search over on fullsize, there's many writeups on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    If you want to do a tbi setup, it can be done for alot less than $1,200. Checkout the guys at fullsizechevy.com forum. Theres a company that makes flash computers for 88-98 chevy trucks that tunable with a laptop. If your looking to build a small block over 300hp, use the big block injectors in the 350 throttle body. Do a search over on fullsize, there's many writeups on the subject.
    By the time you buy all the components and software, ECM, etc, I don't see how you can do it for less than $1200. Even if you bought a complete crashed truck for cheap and got all the parts you needed, you'd still need the programmable ECM and related software. The cheapest I was able to find last year with a lot of searching was right around $1500 or so. I spent a bit more than that on the Holley system because it came with everything and was a bolt on system.

I am running a Big Block Chevy 402 and its probably putting out around 350-400 HP. It doesn't like too much injector at all. I am only runnning a 600 CFM system and it runs very strong and wants for no more fuel. If you're drag racing in high RPM situations you may need all that fuel, but for most wheeling applications, I have seen over-fueling become a problem time and again. I rarely go over 2500 RPM on the trail, max.

I have the forementioned setup, not installed yet, heres what I have into it so far. I got the throttle body, wiring harness, all sensors from a pick n pull yard for $100. Still have to get the flash ecm, which is less than $400 and includes the software. The guys at fsc.com, use the big block injectors on there setups, I haven't got that far yet. You don't want to run a aggressive cam with these setups though, the computers are real sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    You don't want to run a aggressive cam with these setups though, the computers are real sensitive.
    The ECM shouldn't care if its a reprogrammable.... most any values can be used, the MAP sensor makes the difference depending on what range it is capable of reading. They make 1, 2, and 3 BAR MAP sensors for most systems for different cams and forced induction and such. That is provided that its a speed density system.