Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockwell and master

Default Rockwell and master

This is part two of three problems .....

Brake questions ....

i'm still using the stock m715 master and plugged it on the stock rockwell drum brake. I bleed them completely at least 4 times .... i didn't have ant trapped air on the system bt still have problem on the brake .... It's like the bore on the m715 is not big enought to compensate for the big rockwell cylinders, I got brake but only when i press twice on the pedal .... the first shot only fill a part of those big cylinders and the second time i got real brake power .... So i thing that the stock master is just not moving enough brake fluid ... so i need to press twice to compensate for the flow .... Maybe you have an answerd to that .... or i may be completely on the wrong side ....

I was thinking trying a deuce master ... or a GM i ton with a bore of 1 5/16ths.
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Master Cylinder For M35 http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/macyform375.html

Someone got a pic of one from a M715 .... because the mounting flange look similar .... it may be an easy swap ...
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Did you adjust your brakes first?

Chris

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze12volts View Post
    Master Cylinder For M35 http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/macyform375.html

Someone got a pic of one from a M715 .... because the mounting flange look similar .... it may be an easy swap ...

I just put the chevy 1 ton master on last night. Bolts right on. Twice the volume of the stock and has redundant braking - one chamber for front and one for rear.

I can take a pic of the old one if you need. Its sitting on my workbench.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I just put the chevy 1 ton master on last night. Bolts right on. Twice the volume of the stock and has redundant braking - one chamber for front and one for rear.

I can take a pic of the old one if you need. Its sitting on my workbench.

Which application on the chevy 1 ton ??
    Since upgrading ... should be going with a safer way and it will have more bore then the stock one ... so pushing more fluid
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPabst View Post
    Did you adjust your brakes first?

Chris
    No didn't adjust nothing .... so bleed everything .... but i was looking for this problem since the cylinder is 2 times bigger then the one on the 715 ... i knew it would necessitate more fluid to be moved then the 715
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Jester Guest

Which application on the chevy 1 ton ??
    Since upgrading ... should be going with a safer way and it will have more bore then the stock one ... so pushing more fluid
    I did exactly like this thread

Master Cylinder Conversion - Upgrade

Master needs to be drum / drum to get same flow rate to both front and rear.
    Adjust shoes to get better peddle and no pumping.

Thanks Jester ...... but what about the pedal feeling ?? does it feel like the oem master or you can clearly see improvement ?? i'm searching a bigger bore master to compensate for my big rock cylinder .... will get it on monday and give a try !!! Also i will look at the shoes adjustments.

Thanks
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Jester Guest

Thanks Jester ...... but what about the pedal feeling ?? does it feel like the oem master or you can clearly see improvement ?? i'm searching a bigger bore master to compensate for my big rock cylinder .... will get it on monday and give a try !!! Also i will look at the shoes adjustments.

Thanks
    I need to bleed the brakes again cause its a bit mushy but still WAY firmer than before.