Thread: M35 Bumper

Jester Guest

Default M35 Bumper

I got a M35 bumper for free from a buddy. Its kinda bent up but still salvagable. Was thinking of using it in some way for my bumper but the thing is huge. Think it may be more work than just starting from scratch.

Opinions? Anyone want it?

The M715 and the M35 have the frame spaced 34" at the front. So, a M35 bumper will match up the M715 with little or no modifications. Especially if you are putting a winch on your truck. Put the curved side up, bolt it in and add M35 towing shackles to the top. That combination gives you a really stout bumper, winch cable clearance and towing ability with standard military tow bar feet and pins.

If you are dead set on getting rid of it, I will take it. The Binford express will have to come a ways East, but I am sure something could be worked out before the next National FE.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    The M715 and the M35 have the frame spaced 34" at the front. So, a M35 bumper will match up the M715 with little or no modifications. Especially if you are putting a winch on your truck. Put the curved side up, bolt it in and add M35 towing shackles to the top. That combination gives you a really stout bumper, winch cable clearance and towing ability with standard military tow bar feet and pins.

If you are dead set on getting rid of it, I will take it. The Binford express will have to come a ways East, but I am sure something could be worked out before the next National FE.
    If I decide not to use it, you can have it.

That was my first ideal to flip a m35 front bumper on my m715 ... but shipping is a killer and do not have local source .....
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

I've been planning to use an M-35 bumper on my 715 winch truck for all of the reasons Barrman mentioned. The M-35 bumper is too wide and the ends would have to be trimmed. Likewise, the stock winch is slightly offset on the 715 though, so some custom trimming may have to be done. I've mocked it up and it looks serviceable and I think it will look like it belongs. My stock bumper was shot so I have to do something. I saw an M-35 this past weekend in service as a fire truck where they stacked two bumpers on the front, it looked pretty formidable. I'll post a pic later.