Thread: NP200 in crate

Default NP200 in crate

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a good deal for a NP200 still in the crate?

I think I made a good deal, its in perfect condition with that gun grease stuff the military uses still inside the case. it turns and there is no rust. It was made in 1972 and looks like it was made last week. But for $700, just wondering if I made a good decision? Any opinions?

You can get them for nearly free from most members that have replaced them. A total rebuild kit (with seals) is under $300. Have your local parts shop run the empty case through thier parts cleaner, and hit it with some OD paint ($50 total).

Put it together, you have a brand new NP200, and I just saved you $350.

Zach

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

$700 sounds steep, very steep, to me even if it is new.

You can pick up a couple or more NP205's for that and fab up brackets and still be ahead.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

OUCH Thanks for the info, and now I know better. But I guess I will look on the bright side and say I have a pretty case in a crate

I would be real interested in hearing if it runs hot.

Don't feel bad... I just paid almost 900 bucks for 4 hub caps and 5 trim rings.
    NOS from 65ish.

Ouwe
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Even if this is an old post: For the others: The socalled NOS is old, the seals did not move for some 30+ years. This simply means, they are hard and normaly not sealing any more.
    Now a days sealings, ever if the have no dust cover, are 30 or more years improved and the material should be much better.
    I resently bought new seals for a M416A1 axle. It was no problem in Germany to get new; and if I write new, it means realy new . For example these seals are standard parts of "CR seals". Bearings are standard Timken stuff (if not fully metric, check your catalouge).
    Wolf