Thread: STOLEN 12.50R20 Michelin XL's

Default STOLEN 12.50R20 Michelin XL's

Not sure where to post this. I arranged for a shipper from USHIP to transport tires from SoCal (100dollarman) to TN. I am currently in Iraq and did everything i could to help in the situation. Below is the explanation from the shipper on what happened. If anyone see some 12.50R20 XL's for sale please ask them how they got them. I will try to find out what state the were stolen in. And as all you guys know, these XL's are hard to come by.

Eddie,

I have some bad news.

I contacted Mark in California, met him on Camp Pendleton, paid your $450 balance on the tires, and loaded them into my truck. Then, I discovered that they were too large to lay flat in the bed of my truck, and that I couldn’t hitch the 5th wheel trailer I needed to pull, coming back home to Tennessee.

So, on Friday, 10/17, I enlisted the aid of another UShip driver, Torrey Zenon, (4T Trucking and songwriteguy on UShip), whose driver, Joe, lives in Goodletsville, TN, to help bring your tires back home to you.

I talked to Joe on Monday 10/13, and he told me that he was having some truck trouble, but expected to be back on the road later that day. Then, I didn’t hear form Joe for 3 days, and finally, his cell phone number was disconnected.

Then, I finally heard from Torrey, and he told me that Joe had stopped for the night at a motel, and your tires, his cell phone, and some other things had been stolen from his truck. A police report has supposedly been filed, but I don’t have all the specifics yet.

The bottom line is this – I will reimburse you for the $50 deposit you paid for the tires. I will do that via PayPal.
    Then, I will start a cancellation of our UShip match, so they return the $31.93 that you paid them. You will get an e-mail from them, and all you will have to do is agree to the cancellation, and your deposit will be automatically refunded.

Then, I will continue to try to get the rest of my money back. And, in that regard, I could use from you, a copy of your original winning E-Bay bid, and the receipt for your deposit to Mark, just to confirm the total price of the tires.

I apologize for all of this, and if it is any cancellation, it is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me with any service provider on UShip.

If you find replacement tires, please let me know, and I will make every effort to get them to you at no cost at all. AND, I will not rely on anyone else to help with that shipment. I will do it myself. No matter what!

Dan Gleason

You can e-mail me at eddie.rainey@us.army.mil if anyone sees some XL's for sale..

Sorry to hear about that... Good thing you are not gonna be out big money...I hope that the guy that fronted the cash isn't out. Good luck finding more tires.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Well another issue is 100dollarman just got out bid at $200 a tire for the 12.50R20's. And berg tire does not have any and when he does is more expensive. I was buying these at $100 a piece and they are basically new. If i could get more at the same price i would happy, but with $900 already in wheels and no tires..Kinda ed. When it comes down to it, he drove 3 days and something like 2,700 miles to go. "ooh crap they won't fit" Just kinda ed right now. Staying up to 2am for a few days to make sure eveyone gets payed and everything is done right for them to be stolen es me off. But Dan was straight with me. He just wouldn't answer my wifes or my phone calls.

Watch Craigslist for the area where the tires were stolen and what evr area the shippers are from.

F*** dude
    ive "done my time" i know how terrible it can be
    thank u for serving..
    trust me u arent missing anythign state side..
    ~67 M715~

Quote Originally Posted by sermis View Post
    Watch Craigslist for the area where the tires were stolen and what evr area the shippers are from.

That's the plan. if i can get another set at around the same price and condition i will be fine. But it took me along time to find that set. And it just means more long nights to schedule and rely on some random shipper that i don't know.

Here is a handy little tool for doing a global nationwide CL search. It can be slow to return results.

http://search.restrainingbolt.com/

Thanks for the help...