Thread: Rebuilt NP205 Source

Jester Guest

Default Rebuilt NP205 Source

Anyone know of a good source for rebuilt cases? I don't want to get a POS off CL and have to put in a rebuild in a month.

I just saw a divorced NP205 on ebay for 500 bucks that was rebuilt. Its located in Ohio

I have used Jasper for rebuilt engines, trans and transfercases. Don't know how old of stuff they have but they back it with a waranty and I have pretty good luck with them.

205s rarely need more than a seal kit. the hard parts almost never go bad. re-sealing a used case is usually quite a bit cheaper.
    ryan

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    205s rarely need more than a seal kit. the hard parts almost never go bad. re-sealing a used case is usually quite a bit cheaper.
    ryan
    I don't have the tools/experience to do a seal and bearing rebuild. Will have to find someone to do it for me.

the bearings hardly ever need replaced. i have had several 205s apart, and did a full rebuild on one of them, and it was a waste of money. there was no need to replace the bearings. to re-seal a 205 requires very little knowledge or tools. just a few part numbers and a few cold PBRs

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
    the bearings hardly ever need replaced. i have had several 205s apart, and did a full rebuild on one of them, and it was a waste of money. there was no need to replace the bearings. to re-seal a 205 requires very little knowledge or tools. just a few part numbers and a few cold PBRs
    I can do a re-seal no prob. Its the bearings/shims/whatever that scare me.

I guess it will depend on what I find. Right now I have not seen a single divorced 205 around.