Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum Advance/Civilian Distributor

Or get a coil and the matching ballast for it...same application for both.

Quote Originally Posted by george walker View Post
    Just ask the parts house for a 12v coil w/ internal resistor
    Here's the problem. Most parts stores around here need applications (Year/Make/Model/Yada Yada) before they can do anything. Walking in and asking for a 12 volt coil with an internal resistor will be no different to walking in and speaking Chinese to them. You know what I am saying

Anyone have a part number to an external 12 volt generic coil with an internal resistor? I would assume you can run a steady 12 volts to a coil like this and everything will be okay? Thanks!!

Napas website still lists the 230 coil, ballast and even the coil mount:

Ignition Coil - Epoxy Type
    Item#: ECHIC676
    Price: $55.49

Ignition Coil Resistor
    Item#: ECHICR23
    Price: $7.69

Ignition Coil Adapter
    (Note: this is a fender mount, or flat surface mount, for the above coil.)
    Item#: ECHICB10
    Price: $7.99

If you want to look the parts up there, use this as your vehicle:
    1965 Jeep Gladiator - Pickup
    When it asks for engine: 3.8 L 230 CID L6

On the coil mount, there is a drop down box below the image where you can pick from 3 different views...choose the full and you wil get a good look at that piece.

Default AutoZone is less

Even if you do not have an AutoZone in your area you can buy online. the coil there is only $21.99 and the resistor is $5.99. They have alot of items for the 230 engine also.

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    Even if you do not have an AutoZone in your area you can buy online. the coil there is only $21.99 and the resistor is $5.99. They have alot of items for the 230 engine also.
    Thanks for the heads up. I have a commercial account with Advanced Auto but will buy it from the Zone if Advanced price is higher.

I am spoiled here in NJ...I have an AutoZone, Advanced Auto, NAPA, and Pep Boys all within a 4 mile radius! But then again, I pay $13,000 a year in property taxes

$13k?!?!

I have AutoZone, two Schucks & a NAPA within a 10-mile radius and pay $2000 a year in property taxes for a house on 5-acres. What the heck are you doing over there, dude?!
    -- Tim Taylor

Default Taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    $13k?!?!

I have AutoZone, two Schucks & a NAPA within a 10-mile radius and pay $2000 a year in property taxes for a house on 5-acres. What the heck are you doing over there, dude?!
    Off subject but same here in PA. If I did not live on a farm, the taxes would bankrupt me. We get a farm break which cuts mine by 75% as long as we farm. Otherwise, about $20,000 a year.

Basically, property taxes are comprised of about 65% of school tax. Our schools here are unbelieveable...I grew up here and now teach here. These kids have everything and more available to them. We have the largest auditorium east of the Mississippi River at our high school...they host shows from Kenny Rogers to Eric Clapton there. Our taxes are high solely from the schools.

Actually when I retire in about 13 more years, I plan on moving to upstate Pennsylvania near Barry Yorwarth - I'm currently looking for ground in his neck of the woods. I had relatives up there as a kid and its super CHEAP! You can get 10 acres for under $100,000 and the taxes are insanely low...