Sermis has collected just about all the parts needed to build a M715 with a 6BT, 5 speed, CUCV axles and a cool looking transfer case. My class gets to put it all together. I figured it would be easier to show progress, get help and basically let Sermis know I am not installing the stuff on my truck if I started a thread about it and post all the things in it over how ever long it takes to finish. Here is the thread.

Here is the really clean, rust free and straight frame the truck will be built on:
[IMG][/IMG]
Notice it has no spring mounts, motor mounts, shock towers, triangular braces or steering box support. The previous owner wanted to put a 4 link on it and cut all the old stuff away.

The solution to find the missing springs, shock towers and spring mounts was to get another frame. That is what I was doing in Houston last weekend. The frame I picked up looked ok while we were loading it. Once it came to my class and we pulled the bed off, it looked awfull. Lots of rust and a few paper thin areas of the frame. But, it had all the stuff we needed. Here it is after we have stripped the rear axle and leaf springs off with the front axle still hanging by a single front leaf spring mount:
[IMG][/IMG]

The front axle and springs should come off today. One of the rear spring shackles has already been cleaned all up along with the spring and should be on today as well. Maybe even both of them. Then we can install them with the shackle flipped. Then we can start putting the nice CUCV axles on. Here they are waiting for attention:
[IMG][/IMG]

More will follow as things happen.