Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 6BT, CUCV Axled M715 Build

Well looks like they mounted the alt in the wrong place and I will have to get under the hood to shift gears.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by sermis View Post
    Well looks like they mounted the alt in the wrong place and I will have to get under the hood to shift gears.
    Not to mention those little dolly wheels are going to make for a really stiff, wobbly ride.....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

look great

They aren't wrong. Those are just some modifications we made without telling you about.

Your air cleaner is going to be hard to fit as well. I am serious about this:
    [IMG][/IMG]

We can "make" it fit under the hood. By cutting the housing away, shortening the hose and stuffing it next to the radiator about the same area it is in right now. But, if you see any 5 ton air cleaners sitting around, with the brackets. You might want to look at them and consider how one would look mounted on on top of the hood. Either that or think about a smaller cleaner element.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

If we put in a civi heater how much room will be in front of it, under it, around it? Enough to get the air cleaner in?
    I was also thinking of the small 24v M151 style self contained heater under the dash. That would free up that fire wall. Any idea which would be better?

PM me your shipping address so I can send you parts.

Tim - Sermis,

What about the hood mounted (stock) 715 air cleaner? Haven't gotten that far yet, but I have new one to install for my 4BT. Looks like it can be moved to the side some for additional clearance. 3" intake and output... not sure about the 6BT requirements.

Snuffy

I think the civilian heater is going to be out. Here is the room between the turbo and the firewall:

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a shot with the hood hinge in it so you can get a reference:
    [IMG][/IMG]

The exhaust has to come out the firewall side of the turbo. That part will work. No room for a heater though.

The air filter will work out without buying anything.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    I think the civilian heater is going to be out. Here is the room between the turbo and the firewall:

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a shot with the hood hinge in it so you can get a reference:
    [IMG][/IMG]

The exhaust has to come out the firewall side of the turbo. That part will work. No room for a heater though.

The air filter will work out without buying anything.
    If you flip the exhaust manifold upside down, it will move your turbo out of the way of the heater box.

If that's not sufficient, you can shift the heater box away from the engine about 1-1.5" (which I have done in my J300). Keep us updated!

I have a couple killer air cleaners I picked up from Hammons. Send me a PM and remind me to post up pics. Do you know how to find out the required cfm of the motor, or how to figure how much a filter would flow?
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Hey Gimp!

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Carb_CFM_Calculator.html

Great thread Tim B. !!!
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21