Thread: Fuel injection

Default Fuel injection

Are there any fuel injection systems available (either take-offs or after-market) that would bolt onto the stock 230 motor? My 230 only has 10k on it and runs great, so I don't have much desire to swap it out, but fuel-injection and electronic ignition would be a nice upgrade.

I'm assuming I would need to convert to 12v for this?
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

I would imagine SDDS, Mega-Squirt or Micro-squirt could be made to work. You would not need to do a full 12V conversion, but you would need a 24v to 12v converter and at least 1 12 v circuit.

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by vacca rabite View Post
    I would imagine SDDS, Mega-Squirt or Micro-squirt could be made to work. You would not need to do a full 12V conversion, but you would need a 24v to 12v converter and at least 1 12 v circuit.

Zach
    Are you aware of any take-offs (preferably GM) that would work? Might be a little cheaper and easier to get parts later.

I'm not that familiar with EFI units, so what are the issues with fitting here? Does it have to mount in place of the carb, or would you replace the entire intake? Is our stock 230 carb mount a "standard" size?
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

TBI or throttle body injection, would probably be your only good option. There are a few systems out there for earlier Jeep 258's so that would most likely be the easiest and most adaptable option.

Anything GM I can think of in an inline was a 4 cylinder 2.5. The rest were all either 2bbl throttle bodies on the V6's and V8's, or port injection, which would be a lot more work to adapt.

The only part that would be a little tricky would be to have an adapter made to mount the throttle body to the stock manifold. Other than that, the rest should be fairly straightforward.

New fuel and return line, electric pump, 24-12V converter, wiring harness, computer, sensors, and programming software are all considerations in these jobs.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

One can find 2 barrel intakes for the 230...make an adapter from there?

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    One can find 2 barrel intakes for the 230...make an adapter from there?
    Where would one find such an animal?
    1967 M715 w/w #11812

I may know someone who has one....Ill pm you...

Default Fuel injection

chicklin your idea to fuel inject a 230 interests me as I have to go to a 24-12volt converter anyways and to a 2barrel manifold, so I would like to hear more about this. PM me please.