Thread: replacement pannels

Default replacement pannels

i looked for quite a while trying to find replacement pannels for the m715, and i found this site that is not in the link section

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/CartGenie/...?pid=332&cid=8

and they carry rocker panels and floor pans.

thought i would post this as a reference for other people looking.
    my signature is sweet huh?

I remember seeing this on here somewhere, but just to clarify- we need the J truck rockers, right? I am planning on doing this after winter, thanks for the post.

i hope thats the right one. i just ordered it. i think the m715's are a modified j truck cab.

i seen it in a thread too and thats where i found the link. if i find the thread again ill post it.

this is the thread i pulled it off of.

Floor Pans

Yeah, I usually remember bits and pieces, then look the threads up when I'm ready to do it. If you're putting them on soon, let me know if they fit as is or if you needed to modify them at all. Thanks.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

The J-truck rocker replacements are a direct fit.

You can use Wagoneer rockers too, but only if you just need the outer skin like I did. The difference is the sill plate on the Wagoneer rockers. They have a cutout for the B-pillar so there isn't a continuous run of sheetmetal on top. Cherokee (2-door) rockers are next to impossible to find and they fetch a hefty price when you do. I bought the Wagoneer rockers because they were available on e-bay and even cheaper than the J-truck ones. And I only needed the outer skin, so the sill was of no significance to me.

The J-truck rockers are readily available.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

so the j truck one i ordered isnt just the outer plate? its the outer and inner plates together? i just needed the outer piece, but heck sounds good ha

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by foodstamp View Post
    so the j truck one i ordered isnt just the outer plate? its the outer and inner plates together? i just needed the outer piece, but heck sounds good ha
    Not 100% certain about the J-truck rockers, but most replacments have the sill on them as well, or the part you'd step on getting into the truck, and the weatherstrip flange too. In most cases you have to replace that part too, but I got lucky and mine were still very solid. Just the outer skin of the rockers were rusted and needed to be replaced. The inner rocker is a separte piece altogether andhas to be bought by itself. Not sure if they are available as I didn't need to replace them either.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I thnk BJ's gets most of thier repair panels either from ZM Jeeps or from the guy he uses.

ZM has ALOT ot FSj repair panels, some of which fit/can be made to fit M715's.

I can't find the repair panel section of Zacks new website, maybe give him a call or e-mail?

www.zmjeeps.com

He has a TON of NOS Jeeps parts.
    1963 J300/1971 J2000/1983 J10

Best part is, foodstamp, you're buying from a fellow Zoner! BJ's Offroad is owned and operated by our very own 67M715! A really nice guy too.
    -- Tim Taylor