Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: np200 pto output box......are they available?

Default np200 pto output box......are they available?

My m-715 has been converted to 350 and turbo 400 tranny, but still retains the np-200 transfer case. Is there anywhere that you can find the pto adapter for the transfer case? It is a model FTD-7 PTO and was apparently used in International harvester trucks as well as other vehicles up until about 1970 or so. It is special with a 10 bolt pattern from what I can find. Any help locating one of these would be greatly appreciated. I want to add a duece winch to the front of my go to hell wagon and this is the only way to make it work. Thanks Snakeater
    COWBELL, you need more of it

there is no place on a np200 for a pto, do you have a np202 ? it has a large pto cover on the driver side of it.

Default Np 202

Your T-case is an NP-202 that someone must have swapped in. I have a PTO for it. It is complete. It should have new seals. $250 plus shipping and it's yours.
    Dave
    E-mail or PM me

nope it is an np-200........it don't have a dang pto output. I got some mis information, now how in the world can i drive a pto winch???? I hate it when I read instead of just looking...........Snakeater

Guess you'll have to swap in a 202 now.

nope, I'll just buy an electric winch. Labor and parts will be more to add a transfer case and PTO drive to the truck, than just buying an electric winch.

or bolt an elecric motor on the duece winch and call it done.

Maybe I missed something. What is wrong with using the transmission for the pto port?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Maybe I missed something. What is wrong with using the transmission for the pto port?
    He's running a TH400 automatic.....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I guess I did miss something.

Then, if you want a mechanical M35 winch and to keep the stock t-case. You can rig up a driveshaft coupling like used on the M724 maintenance trucks.

The 200 has two rear outputs. The rear drive shaft is on the passenger side output and the parking brake is on the driver side output. Rig the rear drive shaft so it can be disconnected, put a chain drive on the parking brake, run the chain over to the drivers side and have it connect to a pto shaft going forward. Presto chango, you have a front winch drive without a pto.

Of course, you could also just put a chain drive on the short shaft between the transmission and t-case with the same results and a lot less complexity.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw