Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tools/Jack?

Default Tools/Jack?

So far in my searches I have been lucky enough to find most of what I am looking for with a couple exceptions. Any ever seen the original jack assy. and the tools/toolbag for sale anyplace? Yes I know a "Hi-Lift"jack will do the job, am looking for the stock.
    Again thanks....

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Stock original jacks are hen's teeth. I think Binford has a picture of his somewhere on here so you can see what it looks like.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default Hens Teeth!

Now how in the world is a Hens Tooth gonna lift my truck! If anyone has a pic I would love to see one.

I have seen 2 of them in all my years of playing with these trucs...and Binford was holding one of those...the one we have pictures of:
    whats the storage compartment under the bed?

Were they made by Kaiser or the military? Were they similar to anything else that is out there? I assume it was stored in the compartment under the bed or is that strictly for the canvas and bows of the cab?

The (aug 68)-10 tm lists 'jack, hyd, hand, self contained. 3 ton 101/8 closed 201/2 open' the part number is 948251, replaces 932115, (it doesnt identify what kind of jack the replaced one was) the supplier code 65909 was Kaiser corp. It is stored in 'R H side of body', as was the jack handle an lug wrench.(In 15 yrs I have only ever found 3 orignal lug wrenches but never a jack) The tool bag an standard hand tools are also listed an to be stored in R H side of body, along w/ the bed safety strap when not used. The remaining item in the R H body comp would be the rigging items listed for winch trucks and tire chains. I dont know why they wanted everything on the right side. I dont think there could be room enough to ever fit the bed tarp an end curtians. The cab top an bows stored in the cab, It is illustrated in the -10 tm, bed top an bow stowage directions are not given, the only clue is in the parts tm listing a strap for bed bow storage, suggesting the bed bows were just strapped togther an laid on the floor w/ the canvas?
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Brute4c
    Have you looked at the Iola Military Show for parts you needed over the years? If so have you been able to find much up there?

I have found some things...looking for anything specific?

I have a long list, but such things as all the pioneer tools, Jerry Cans and holders, hand tools, bag etc. Am slowly picking up things I have needed as I find them.

There is always a guy there with Pioneer tools for various trucks...he will have, or know where to get those...course you can get them from a hardware store if you know what to look for...not perfect perfect but close.
    Jerry cans and holders, yes.
    There are guys with hand tools there...if you mean specific to the M715, well, never seen any except the spark plug wrench...

Bag means tool bag? Never seen one of those...