Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is in the Garage

Default It is in the Garage

Had a few friends come over today and help with the heavy lifting. Got all the easily removed stuff off last week but needed some muscle for the bed. Some of these guys may look familiar, they helped with the last one too. Can't beat having good neighbors and friends. Look at that rust!!!! I'm tellin ya, that thing has been in the salt. Derned' ole' Navy truck.

Now it's where it'll be for the several months. Let the games begin!

Have you updated you wants/needs list? How is the frame and body? Is it salvagable?
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

Well I think the frame and body will be okay. I really want to sandblst it all and look for/find all the rust first. I'm glad it's made of thick metal. I do have some doubts about the hood though. It has been sorta' repaired before with brazing but they didn't finish it right and now the nose is really thin, cracked and rusty.

As far as the want's list, well I've gotten all the drivetrain stuff, just have to go pickup the eng and trans from Louisville, Ky. next weekend. I'm sure lots of odds and ends will be missing as I dig deeper. Nice to know you're just one state away if you had something you didn't want anymore.

Is that the wife admiring the new truck? I bet that TJ got a work out huh!
    Looks like your movin quick.

I think we need to have some cards printed with jeep ID info. That jeep is a YJ not a TJ.

Lookin' good. I think it will even better once you get the rust destroyed.

I have a hoods (4 actually) if you need one.

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    I think we need to have some cards printed with jeep ID info. That jeep is a YJ not a TJ.

Lookin' good. I think it will even better once you get the rust destroyed.

I have a hoods (4 actually) if you need one.
    I agree even though your right! Anything prior to chystler is a jeep! I have a good m38 body for your dodge

Louisville?! I wish things were slower here, I'd come down to say hi. Good people down there.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Quote Originally Posted by fng View Post
    Who is the lazy guy "supervising" in the first photo?

What happen to the bug that was in the garage?.... Truck looks like a good contestant for a rebuild should be a lot of fun!
    Zone holster maker