Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hello all, found your site yesterday and I'm pretty impressed. I bought my first M715 2 days ago, I have a '43 MB I restored several years back, and have wanted to find another project, ever since I saw the m715 that our volunteer fire dept use's as a brush truck I have been looking for one, and I think I lucked into a good one, its of course a former fire brush truck and is a little rough looking but it runs like a top and so far looks like the only thing missing is one BO light and the battery box. From the prices I have seen on some I hate to say what I got it for. If you all don't mind, I'll look forward to picking everone's brain as I go through the restoration on this one.

Welcome to the Zone from a fellow Okie. You madness is just beginning. Next you will want a Deuce or two or ten (ask me how I know).

Oh yeah.......

Warthog
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

Hi!

Welcome aboard!

Yes, welcome!
    -- Tim Taylor

Smile

Welcome! I have a 43 that I would like to someday rebuild, if IT can wait!

welcome aboard and like me, you'll find alot of good info here and good luck with your new disease, the M715 craze!
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Thanks for the welcome everone, I got started on it this weekend (wife is still not happy), a chevy alt. and an electric fuel pump has been installed so I stuck a vacume gage on the fuel/vac pump and got nothing and checked the genny with a volt meter and nothing on it either. I think I can get the generator rebuilt locally but does anyone know if the pump can be rebuilt? If so, does anyone make a kit for it?

Airborne, better get started on that 43. I've had alot of fun with mine. Other than a partial floorboard replacement it was a pretty painless rebuild. I have a pic of it in our 4th of July parade carrying the colors. I'll dig it up and post it.

Warthog, got any extra parts?? I have thought about looking for a gamma goat - their so ugly ya gotta love'em.